Menu
Metalmook
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

TiVo slow to control, freezing during playback

TiVo box had been playing up for a while now. Occasionally just turns itself off and reboots. And the catch up service has been poor too. It has also been incredibly slow to respond to controls, and freezes for periods sometimes short sometimes ages.

Worst of all, I now can't watch any of the recorded programmes as it freezes every 10 seconds or so, then skips to different parts of a show. Live to is ok but the guide takes an age to come up. Sometimes it crashes altogether and reboots.

I'm pretty sure the box is knackered, or at least the hard drive in it.
0 Kudos
Metalmook
Joining in
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: TiVo slow to control, freezing during playback

Oh and it also has error code C501 any time you try and watch a recorded show. But ringing the number that is displayed doesn't give you an option for anything to do with tv or TiVo.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: TiVo slow to control, freezing during playback

Hi there Metalmook, 

I'm so sorry to hear that you are experiencing such a bad experience with your TiVo® at the moment, I can only imagine how frustrating this must be for you. 

I've done some testing on your connection and can see numerous errors being reported, from the hard drive to the signals, so I think it's best to arrange for someone to call out and give things the once over for you. 

I'll send you a private message to get things arranged. So please look to the top right of this page where you'll see a purple envelope icon, click on this and you'll see my message. 

Apologies once more.

Huw

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos