Menu
Gingerbaldy
Joining in
Message 1 of 14
Flag for a moderator

TiVo slow loading menu and screen

Over the past week or so the TiVo box has become very slow at loading menus. Sometimes takes over 20 seconds to load a menu or screen. It's not the remote!
0 Kudos
G4DDS
Rising star
Message 2 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Re: TiVo slow loading menu and screen

I know this will only be a short term solution but give it a reboot.

Can I ask what software version you are on in case you are in one of the pilot areas in which VM has rolled out the new software?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Services: 200Mb BB, XL TV (with Sky Sports & Movies) + HD supplement, Talk More Anytime
Equipment: Super Hub 3, 2 x 1Tb TiVo's, Hudl 2 (Android 5.1), Moto G4 Plus (Android 6.0.1), Panasonic LCD TV TX-L32G20B & Plasma TV TX-P42S30B
0 Kudos
Gingerbaldy
Joining in
Message 3 of 14
Flag for a moderator

How do I find out which software it is running?
0 Kudos
fizz
Up to speed
Message 4 of 14
Flag for a moderator

This is now the fourth post i have read about the same problem. Virgin please realise your latest update is crippling your customer's....

0 Kudos
Gingerbaldy
Joining in
Message 5 of 14
Flag for a moderator

If this issue has been caused by a software update I will NOT be pleased. These things should be thoroughly checked prior to release , so paying customers don't suffer. If it turns out that it is a software update, how are Virgin going to make me happy again?
0 Kudos
G4DDS
Rising star
Message 6 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Gingerbaldy wrote:
How do I find out which software it is running?

Help & Settings >> System Info >> System Info (again)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Services: 200Mb BB, XL TV (with Sky Sports & Movies) + HD supplement, Talk More Anytime
Equipment: Super Hub 3, 2 x 1Tb TiVo's, Hudl 2 (Android 5.1), Moto G4 Plus (Android 6.0.1), Panasonic LCD TV TX-L32G20B & Plasma TV TX-P42S30B
0 Kudos
optiknerv
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Ever since the channel numbers are written in yellow text instead of white (presuming a software update) my box has been painfully slow.
0 Kudos
Gingerbaldy
Joining in
Message 8 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Anyone from Virgin Media willing to comment on this?
Software version is
20.5.7.RC20-VMS-2-C8A
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hey Gingerbaldy

Sorry to learn about the problems you're experiencing with your TiVo service at the moment.

I've been able to locate your account and run some tests on the box from our end for you, we're seeing some slight errors which I'd like to keep an eye on. Are you able to reboot the box after reading this message so I can run some more checks?

Look forward to hearing from you

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
fizz
Up to speed
Message 10 of 14
Flag for a moderator

To people with slow boxes. If you still have a card in try rebooting with it removed and see..

0 Kudos