Menu
Camby85
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

TiVo slow and errors

Hi,

My TiVo box has been getting slower and slower in recent times and is now almost at standstill. I keep getting the loading circle when moving between any menus and have now started getting a c501 error when trying to view catch up.

The box has always been slower than I expected but now doesn't seem to work at all. I've tried restarting but no change.

Please help!

[MOD EDIT: Subject heading changed to assist community]

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: TiVo slow & errors

Hi Camby85,

Welcome to the Community!

Sorry to hear you're having trouble with your TiVo®.

I've run some checks on your equipment and I can see some issues with the signal that are likely causing the issues you've described.

I'd like to send a technician to take a look at this for you. I've sent you a private message (purple envelope at the top right of your screen) so I can arrange an appointment.

Look forward to hearing from you!  Smiley Very Happy

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Firemaster
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I am getting the same as this chap, Error comes up c501. It has been slowing down for months. 

One thing i would like to make the member here aware of, when i had my last tivo box replaced to my current one, i lost ALL my recpordings and ALL my planned recordings. One was not amused. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Firemaster,

Thanks for joining in!

You're absolutely right. If the TiVo® needs to be replaced then the recordings will be lost. In this case however, I don't believe the box will need to be swapped as the issue is with the input signal that feeds the TiVo®.

Are you currently getting the same error? I can check it out if so.

Look forward to hearing from you!  Smiley Very Happy

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos