Menu
JohnPatta
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

TiVo sky sports box office upscale sd picture?

Hello

Ok I signed up for VM a few months ago and generally fairly satisfied with TiVo but as a boxing fan very disappointed there is no sky sports box office hd.  Sd picture is poor - I tried it for the Fury fight in November.  If I'd known there was no hd I genuinely wouldn't have bought VM

Has anyone successfully managed to upscale the SD source somehow?   Any advice?

thanks!

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: TiVo sky sports box office upscale sd picture?

Virgin can only supply what Sky provide to them, & Sky are notorious for treating wholesale customers not on their own satellite platform in a shoddy fashion. As far as upscaling is concerned, the TiVO does do it yes, but the current TiVO technology is 6 or 7 years old now, with a new box on the cards in the near future.

There is a thread in the Forum archive from a few years ago that might provide some answers:

http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Forum-Archive/Picture-Upscaling/td-p/361285

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

JohnPatta
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thank you! Glad there is a new box on the way. Hopefully at some point Sky will provide a platform for HD sports box office - either via VM or Now Tv or alternative
0 Kudos
BabyJ
Tuning in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

No you pay same price as sky customers but get an awful picture Virgin don't seem to care as they would try and get HD or say to sky they are not going to offer an inferior service i will not pay to watch it on virgin and when contract is up i am off to Sky as all the best deals are on Sky

0 Kudos
Gemmacook
Just joined
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I got vm about a month ago and they never told us we could get box office in HD. I wouldn't have signed up either if I had known
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

BabyJ wrote:

No you pay same price as sky customers but get an awful picture Virgin don't seem to care as they would try and get HD or say to sky they are not going to offer an inferior service i will not pay to watch it on virgin and when contract is up i am off to Sky as all the best deals are on Sky

If VM did not offer the service they would lose even more customers to Sky than by just not offering HD. There are also channels from other broadcasters that have "HD exclusive" agreements with Sky. Should VM not offer these channels either & give Sky even more exclusivity over their rivals?

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
BabyJ
Tuning in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Yes i understand that virgin might loose customers if not offering box office HD but i have been a customer for over 10 years and i am leaving because they do not fight for their customers we pay same price as Sky customers yet get a **bleep** picture liberty media a who own virgin media are going to buy the rights to F1 yet they said the sky deal will still stand WHY NOT PLAY HARD BALL and say sorry your contract is void unless you give equal treatment with our service as Virgin Customers PAY THE SAME IF NOT MORE sometimes so the big bad wolf that is SKY has already won as we get a substandard service compared to SKY

0 Kudos