Menu
Ste85
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

TiVo replacement

Hi all, I was wondering if you could help me with a query.

We have an engineer coming tomorrow to attempt to resolve TiVo and broadband issues and I want to know if I can ask him to install a V+HD box instead of replacing our TiVo box again. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: TiVo replacement

v+hd boxes are no longer offered except as like for like replacements

Ste85
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Oh joy , this will be our third box in under a year. Why are they sticking with a product that clearly doesn't work?
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Ste85 wrote:
Oh joy , this will be our third box in under a year. Why are they sticking with a product that clearly doesn't work?

I've had mine for 5 years, just bad luck on you're part I'd guess, plenty of post from V+hd owners complaining about box failure if you search

0 Kudos
mike_gain
Knows their stuff
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

dannylau wrote:

Ste85 wrote:

I've had mine for 5 years, just bad luck on you're part I'd guess, plenty of post from V+hd owners complaining about box failure if you search

I'd say 3 boxes in under a year is not bad luck but more a sign that there is a localised issue. Ste85, do you know if the power block has been replaced with each new box or is each new box just plugged into the existing power block?

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Ste85,

Thanks for coming by.  I just wanted to pop by and see how things are going today?

Did the engineer sort out your TV and Broadband issue?  I'm here to help if you need me so keep me posted on how things are.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos