Menu
charlie3000
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

TiVo remote

Hi,

having tried several times to turn the beeping sound off on my TiVo remote, I'm still experiencing problems. I have tried going to settings and seen the options of low, medium, high etc, but none of the options are resolving my problem.

Are you able to help at all?

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: TiVo remote

Hi charlie3000,

A warm welcome to our community Smiley Happy

I'm sorry to hear you haven't had any luck yet in turning off the popping sound effect.  I'd like to help check this out with you.

Can you please confirm if you have followed the following steps:

HOME > HELP & SETTINGS > SETTINGS > AUDIO > SOUND EFFECTS VOLUME > At this point there should be an 'OFF' option you can choose.  

If you can let me let me know how you get on, I'm here to help if you need me.

Collette Smiley Happy

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos

All Replies
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi charlie3000,

A warm welcome to our community Smiley Happy

I'm sorry to hear you haven't had any luck yet in turning off the popping sound effect.  I'd like to help check this out with you.

Can you please confirm if you have followed the following steps:

HOME > HELP & SETTINGS > SETTINGS > AUDIO > SOUND EFFECTS VOLUME > At this point there should be an 'OFF' option you can choose.  

If you can let me let me know how you get on, I'm here to help if you need me.

Collette Smiley Happy

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
charlie3000
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Collette,

unfortunately, this has still not turned off the beeping sound on the remote. I've since spoken to a Virgin agent who has sent me a new remote in the post, hopefully this will then solve the issue.

thanks for your help though.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi charlie3000,

Sorry to hear you're still having trouble with your remote control.

Can I just confirm is this beeping noise coming from your remote or the television? My only concern is if it's the noise that the TiVo® makes when you navigate through the menus then this issue will still be there if you have a new remote but please do let me know what happens when you receive your remote and we can look into this further.

As Collette mentioned in her post those instructions would be how to turn off the sound effects for the TiVo® so can I just confirm what the settings are showing for you now?

Looking forward to hearing from you

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
charlie3000
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Rose,

still having the same problem with the new remote, it looks as though it's a problem with the to. Gonna need to call you guys yet again.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hello charlie3000,

Sorry to learn you're still experiencing the same issue with your new remote.

I'm more than happy to do a couple of checks with you but if you'd prefer to call in then that's fine too.

I'm here if you need any help and if you do call in please let me know how you get on.

Take care

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos