Menu
abesbabes
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

TiVo remote wont connect to TV - No volume control or anything

Had this new TiVo box for about 3 months. Tried every single code and tried the automatic code searching option as well. 

I tried the 0999 option and it flashed green for a while and then just started flashing red.

I then put each of the 30 codes into the remote and whilst some of them did flash green initially, none of them turned the tv off. 

I tried searching the boards for similar issues but everyone seems to at least get the volume working. 

What can I do to resolve this!?

Also why has the TiVo box become so sluggish, you press Home or My Shows and literally it goes blank and then 10 seconds later loads up my shows. Then if you click to go back to tv you have to wait another 15 seconds for it to sort itself out.

Any help greatly appreciated. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: TiVo remote wont connect to TV - No volume control or anything

Hi Abesbabes,

Welcome into the Community Smiley Happy

Thank you for your message and taking the time to reach out to us Smiley Happy

I would like to ask what TV model and make you have? Once I know this, it will help be track down your code. The slowness on the TiVo is something ongoing and work is being carried out currently to test the slowness against some progress we've been making. Whilst there is nothing official, I can see that there is some progress and that this has been made a priority to fix.

Keep in touch.

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
abesbabes
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Ben,

Thank you for taking the time to get back to me. 

My tv is SAMSUNG UE50KU6000 Smart 4k Ultra HD HDR 50"

I tried the 0999 method again last night and managed to turn the TV off 3 times whilst searching through the codes. However, each time when I turned the TV back on (with the Samsung remote) the TiVo remote didn't change the volume or have any ability to change anything. 

Thanks for your help!

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hello abesbabes,

I hope you're able to get the volume working with the television and I have added a link here which goes through the steps needed to set it up just in case you've missed something. One of the codes provided should work but sometimes Samsung can provide you with alternative codes especially if the television is a newer brand with codes that are maybe not listed on the TiVo® box.

Please let us know how you get on.

Kind regards

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos