Menu
plxnjh
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

TiVo remote not waking system up

Just gone over to Virgin. I have a problem with the TiVo box waking up.
I turn the TV on then turn the TiVo box on and I get no response from the box. If I use the TV remote and go to the AC menu then the box connects. I have HDMI set on TV. I have an xbox360 also connected via a scart lead.
Why is the TiVo box only going into wake up mode when I use my own TV remote to check the type of AV connection. This is driving me mD at the moment. Help would be appreciated.
0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: TiVo remote not waking system up

Welcome to Virgin Media plxnjh and thanks for popping along here to post  with us.

I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing some teething issues around the TiVo box not waking up.

I'm not 100% sure what you mean by your post. Going by what you've said I've got a feeling this may be down to the HDMI port on the TV that the TiVo is connected to. Could you try a different HDMI port on the back of the TV and see if this helps.  Please let me know if I'm not understanding the exact issue.

Speak soon

Stephen_B
Community Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

All Replies
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: TiVo remote not waking system up

Welcome to Virgin Media plxnjh and thanks for popping along here to post  with us.

I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing some teething issues around the TiVo box not waking up.

I'm not 100% sure what you mean by your post. Going by what you've said I've got a feeling this may be down to the HDMI port on the TV that the TiVo is connected to. Could you try a different HDMI port on the back of the TV and see if this helps.  Please let me know if I'm not understanding the exact issue.

Speak soon

Stephen_B
Community Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules