Menu
steven152002
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

TiVo remote control

Hi all,

I'm having an intermittent fault with my TiVo remote, sometimes it works and sometimes doesn't.

I have change the batteries so I know its not an issue there and I have turned the box off and on.

I have also called the tech line and they ran "tests" and told me the remote is fine but I tried to explain to them that its not happening all the time. the buttons on the box work fine so I know its a fault with the remote.

can anyone help, how do I get it replaced or fixed?

Kr,

Steve.

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: TiVo remote control

Phone 150 select the TV faults option, and I would like to say that they can in no way run tests on the remote from a call center 

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Phone 150 select the TV faults option, and I would like to say that they can in no way run tests on the remote from a call center 

Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Steven150002,

Thanks for posting your comment here about the remote. From time to time the peanut, (what we like to call it Smiley Happy), can over time from wear and tear eventually stop. What's important is when this happens just like Dannylau has mentioned, to call in Smiley Happy

Let us know how it all went. 

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
steven1985
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for your comments.

I called them again and they just told me they will send one out and will be with me within 3/5 working days. Happy days.

Why when I called before they said they would run "tests" was I just getting fobbed off with shoddy customer service?
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hey Steven1985,

Thanks for coming back and letting us know how it went Smiley Happy Usual practice would be just to ask about the remote to make sure that it is broken and not just dead from a dying battery. This isn't usually a difficult process but I'm chuffed to hear it'll be with you soon Smiley Happy

If you do have any questions on the TiVo when it arrives, just let me know and I'll be happy to help. 

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos