Menu
Amphibian59
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

TiVo remote control performance is utterly dire

I am on my third remote control and it's as dreadful as the others. I don't know whether the problem is the remote or the box, but the response has always been horribly slow and hit or miss. The down button in particular hardly works at all. It has put me off using the TiVo box, and to add insult to injury the Virgin Cloud app forces me to re-enter my log-in details if I haven't accessed it for a couple of weeks. Can you imagine how infuriating it is to do this using the awful little arrow buttons on the box? Using the remote for this is totally out of the question. Calling Virgin is useless, all their people can do is to send yet another remote control. They seem incapable of either understanding the problem or diagnosing it. Overall the TiVo box is so dreadful that I'm on the point of chucking it out and buying a Chromecast.

Does anyone at Virgin actually read these posts any more?

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
mbonnick
Rising star
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: TiVo remote control performance is utterly dire

Unfortunately it is the woefully underpowered Tivo boxes themselves that are at fault.  Mine can take in excess of 5 secs to respond to a remote control button press, and that's with new batteries.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Apmhibian59,

Thanks for coming by Smiley Happy

I'm sorry to hear that things are running slowly for you even after a new remote control.  I will be happy to help check this further for you.

Do you  get the same response time when you use the buttons on the front of the TiVo® box?  If so, then we can safely rule out a potential remote control issue.  Although I think that's been done after the amount of new remote controls you've had Smiley Happy

If you can check this for me that would be great.  I have also had a look at your box remotely and all looks great with the signal and power levels.  There's also no network issues that I can detect as well which is good news.

Please do get back tome about the response time when you use the buttons on the box instead of the remote and I can help further.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Collette Smiley Happy

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Amphibian59
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Sorry for slow reply! There is much less delay using the buttons on the box, although response within the YouTube app is quite slow. Also the box responds reliably to the buttons but not to the remote. I am wondering whether the problem lies with the box's receiver for remote control signals.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Amphibian59,

Thank you for your reply and for checking out the buttons on the box.  This is a great help Smiley Happy

Given the response time is much better when using the buttons on the box I will arrange for an engineer to call round and check out the box for you.

All the details will be in a private message for you.   Look for the envelope icon above.

Collette Smiley Happy

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos