Menu
Tom41
Dialled in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

TiVo refuses to delete recording (corrupt?)

A while ago I recorded the Harry Potter movies from Sky Movies. Now I'm trying to delete them, and two of them simply refuse to delete! I select the movie, select Delete on the menu and the icon turns to a little cross, but the recording stays there. If I go back to TV and then into My Shows the recording is back as if I never deleted it.

What's more, if I try to play the recording, it says that it didn't record due to there being no signal on the channel. I have tried restarting the box and the recordings are still there. Is there any way I can get rid of them without having to wipe everything off the TiVo box?

Tags (4)
0 Kudos
Parrotperson
Super solver
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: TiVo refuses to delete recording (corrupt?)

Might not work but try selecting the movie then press the clear. 

If that doesn't work you may need to phone for help or wait for a mod on here to see your post. 

0 Kudos
Argy
Rising star
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Have you tried restarting the Tivo by removing the power for a minute or so? I have had the same problem happen to me - removing the power resolved it.

Just another VM user trying to help, so no guarantees that my advice will work .
If my suggestion is helpful, please mark it as helpful; it may help others. Just want to say "Thanks"? That's the Kudos button.
0 Kudos
Tom41
Dialled in
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I have tried powering off the box for a few minutes and trying again, but that doesn't seem to help. The box is now resetting itself 2-3 times every day, so I suspect the hard disk inside is failing. Would I be able to send the box away to Virgin for replacement/repair, or would a technician have to come round?

0 Kudos
Argy
Rising star
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Powering off via the Tivo power button, or disconnecting the lead entirely from the mains?

If it is a failing hard disk, the technician will visit and swap the box over. You will lose any recordings you have made.You should be able to transfer any series links across via TV Anywhere
You can ring 150 to report the fault, or one of the forum team will pick this thread up in a couple of days and arrange a visit for you, if needed.

Just another VM user trying to help, so no guarantees that my advice will work .
If my suggestion is helpful, please mark it as helpful; it may help others. Just want to say "Thanks"? That's the Kudos button.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Tom41,

Thanks for coming by Smiley Happy

I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble deleting the Harry Potter movies and now experiencing frequent reboots.  

I will be happy to help get this sorted for you.  Currently I haven't been able to locate your account, I will send you a private message requesting further details.

Look for the purple envelope icon above. 

Collette Smiley Happy

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
jonathanlouis
Knows their stuff
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

is this from the channel sky movies or from on demand movies on tivo if its from on demand section it might be difficult and thats why because its not allowing you to record from on demand im not sure what answer is jonni
0 Kudos
Tom41
Dialled in
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I have taken the somewhat drastic step of using the 'clear and delete everything' option in the menu. I have now lost all recordings on the box, but at least those corrupted recordings are finally gone! Now I will need to wait and see if I get any more corrupted recordings. If I do, or if the box keeps on rebooting itself regularly, I will of course post a reply.

0 Kudos
jonathanlouis
Knows their stuff
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

hi tom 41 ive tried the clear and delete its a nightmare to complete it takes several hours for the box to go through the whole clear out and reboot before its back to normal you miss all your recordings that you planned from jonni good luck
0 Kudos