Menu
jwhitehorse
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

TiVo recordings

My TiVo recorder is on the blink - freezing and blocky images. Was ok replaying stuff recorded long ago, but now that seems to be suffering too. I have 'phoned and arranged an engineer - coming next week.

In the mean time, as I have so many saved programmes, and am expecting that a new HD may be needed, is there any way I can transfer these programmes to an external HD? Ignore any text below this  I can find no way to insert cursor at the end of my text! Must be an incompatibility between Virgin web site and my iPad Pro!

as I have many, many hours of saved programmes, is there any way I can transfer these to an external ha

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: TiVo recordings

You can copy things in real time via scart but that's about it there's no way of copying the hard drive 

0 Kudos
Ann17860
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

My tivobox was constantly restarting and I had so many recordings messed up, I got a new box yesterday and was very peeved about losing lots of recordings of new series episodes I've missed, and guess what last night it started to reboot again and restarted once, today it 'lost power' after I checked my recording hiccups,
My iPhone app won't sign in it says it is the wrong password after I've had that all along, tried changing password still won't log in, I'm so fed up with it all have no idea what to do next.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi jwhitehorse and Ann17860,

A warm welcome to you both to the community Smiley Happy

I'm sorry that your recordings were lost due to a fault with the boxes you had.  Whilst I know we can't save the recordings I did want to pop by and see if this handy link may help: How to copy TiVo® settings.

It will help save you a heap of time re-setting up Series Links, Wish Lists and Thumbs Rating data.  Details on how to do this are in the link provided.

@Ann17860 Are you still experiencing any problems with the TiVo® today?  If so please let me know.   I have taken an initial look at your box remotely and all looks fine signal wise at the moment.  If you are still having any problems, please don't hesitate to let me know.  I can help get this sorted for you.

Collette Smiley Happy

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Ann17860
Joining in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Collette my TiVo box has been ok since the last time I posted, my iPhone still won't sign in to virgin anywhere, constantly comes up saying wrong password, I spend quite a lot of time in hospital and would love to get this sorted soon as I can. I've deleted app and reloaded it, I've changed my password, still shows the same message invalid password. BTW I can log in on the computer network with the same password with no problem.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Ann17860,

Thanks for the update and I'm pleased to hear the TiVo® is working fine for you now.

In regards to accessing TV Anywhere, it may be worth clearing the Cache for this app on your phone incase it's remembering old password information.  That's my first thought on what may be happening.  

Another thing is to check for is to make sure the keyboard isn’t automatically turning the first character you type in into a capital letter which some keyboards can be set to do. 

These are the things I'd check for if I had this issue.  Let me know how you get on, we also have a TV on the Go board which may provide some answers for you as well.  TV Anywhere isn't really my speciality area so it's worth having a look there for a possible solution or you're welcome to create a post there as well and one of our community members will be happy to pop by and help out.

Keep me posted.

Collette Smiley Happy

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Ann17860
Joining in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks again Collette, all sorted right now 👍🏼, should anything go wrong again I will yell for help again, I'm still paying in shillings in my head so I feel like I'm on Mars with all this!
0 Kudos