Menu
Mentalis
Tuning in
Message 1 of 15
Flag for a moderator

TiVo recordings stuttering and pixellated

Hi,

I have had an issue where occasionally a recording in my TiVo would pause, stutter, become pixelated and then sort itself out.

In the last few months this has become most recordings are doing this, and occasionally a recording works with no problems.

Looking around the Interent the general gist is that the TiVo, or at least the hard drive, is on its way out. Is there anything I can do about this or does it need an engineer to come and replace the box?

Thanks,

Nigel

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Parrotperson
Super solver
Message 2 of 15
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: TiVo recordings stuttering and pixellated

It'll require an engineers visit I'm afraid. Up to you whether you ring now or let it get worse if it's not too bad at the mo. 

0 Kudos

All Replies
Parrotperson
Super solver
Message 2 of 15
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

It'll require an engineers visit I'm afraid. Up to you whether you ring now or let it get worse if it's not too bad at the mo. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Hi Mentalis,

A warm welcome to our community Smiley Happy

I'm sorry to hear that you're getting pixelated pictures on your recordings.  I will be happy to help get this sorted for you.

I will need to arrange for an engineer to call round and fix this for you, I will send the details in a private message.

Look for the envelope icon above.

Collette Smiley Happy

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Mredthehorse
Joining in
Message 4 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Yeah - me too.

I sent a message this morning to the forum but the website seems to have lost it (denies I have posted anything, which is bizzarre in fact).

Anyway, I have a 1Tb Tivo box that is broken: picture freezes, locks up, irrespective of channel watched (especially - but not exclusively - recordings).

So, my question is: can my Tivo be replaced please?

I've been a customer since Diamond Cable days ie Diamond Cable, NTL World and now VM (which isn't of course VM but don't let's go there).

Tivo is poor anyway (You Tube delays etc). Now use Smart TV for YouTube, Netflix etc - much better than Tivo Smiley Happy

VM: any comments please?

Engineers visit perhaps? I look forward to your comments...

Thank you

0 Kudos
Mredthehorse
Joining in
Message 5 of 15
Flag for a moderator

So I have the same problem reported by the previous poster, namely that:

My 1tb Tivo box is showing stuttering and pixellation on programmes I've recorded and sometimes "real time" ie recorded anyway.

Last night the box rebooted *itself*, having got itself into a good old muddle. I have, previously, restarted the machine in an attempt to fix whatever the problem is.

I believe the machine is beyond economic repair - can anyone advise how I get a new one please - or do I join Sky??

Thanx.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Hi Mredthehorse,

I have responded to you here:

TIVo box pixellating and locking up.

Cheers.

Collette Smiley Happy

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
fidoedidoe
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Hi 

I'm also having the same issue with my 1TB Tivo box. I'm pretty confident in saying every* recording: stutters, skips, pixelates, jumps often for minutes at a time - it makes viewing recordings painful. I suspect there is corruption on the hard disk and a replacement until will be needed. Can you confirm my suspicion and if true arrange a replacement for me?

Many thanks!

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 8 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Hi Fidoedidoe Smiley Happy

Thank you for coming in and posting your comment in the boards, welcome back Smiley Happy

I have been into the TiVo and my apologies on the recordings, it looks like the hard drive is showing some significant issues and would need an engineer Smiley Happy

The likelihood of a box swap is quite high with theses issues and I'd recommend watching the shows you can before the visit, as the schedules can be transferred only. I've sent you a 'Private Message', you can find this by clicking on the little purple envelope near the top right of the page.

Stay in touch and have a great day.

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
mwb2205
Joining in
Message 9 of 15
Flag for a moderator

I am also suffering from stuttering and pixellated recordings on my 1tb Tivo which I have had for about 3 years.

Is there a fix that engineers can do remotely or do I need to arrange a home visit.

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 10 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Hi Mwb2205,

Welcome back to the Community, it's great to see you again. 

I am sorry to read about the recent pixelation and breakup on the TV screen, I have been looking into the connection and can can see some downstream power levels that aren't working as they should be. I think an engineer would be best at this moment and I've sent you a 'Private Message', you can find this by clicking on the little purple envelope near the top right of the page.

Stay in touch and have a great day.

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos