Menu
hutchiebear
Joining in
Message 1 of 17
Flag for a moderator

TiVo recordings slow and pixelated

Has anyone experienced a generally slow TiVo service especially when it comes to recording playback. I get a jumpy pixelated playback that often freezes for a few seconds then restarts. The last time this happened the Virgin engineer had to plug me into a different port in the roadside cabinet as I'd been doubled up with another user which reduced my bandwidth so it may be that again.

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Re: TiVo recordings slow and pixelated

Hi Hutchiebear,

Thank you for coming in again and welcome back Smiley Happy

I'm sorry to read about the recordings not playing back as they should, I have been looking into TV services and found that the signal levels may have been interrupting the channels you're watching and distorting the recordings.

I would like to send an engineer out to help adjust these and I've sent you a 'Private Message', you can find this by clicking on the little purple envelope near the top right of the page.

Stay in touch and have a great day.

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
hutchiebear
Joining in
Message 3 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Hi Ben,

I'm sorry to bother you again but I am still getting problems with pixelated and jumpy TV reception and recordings on my TiVo box. I recently had a new cable run into my premises but the engineer who came to connect it did a poor job in my opinion in that he only used the co-ax cable on the new cable and left my phone line on the old cable.

He also didn't bury the cable like the original and left it draped across the lawn, he left the off cuts of cable on the floor and left the cover off of the connection box. He said that someone else would be back to hide the cable but no one has come to do it. I also now have a third cable that has been run into my property and left coiled up in the hedge and calls from Customer Services saying they need access to connect me but I'm already connected.

Can you look into it please and let me know what is going on?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Hi hutchiebear

I'm really sorry to learn about the problems you're experiencing with your service at the moment.

I've been able to locate your account and run some tests on the box form our end for you. We're not detecting any issues from our end at the moment though, are you experiencing this issue with certain channels? Or at certain times of the day?

Apologies again for the inconvenience you're experiencing, we're looking forward to hearing from you.

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
hutchiebear
Joining in
Message 5 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Hi Craig,

The problem occurs mainly on recordings where I get jumpy or pixelated videos.
The channels I have trouble accessing are ITV2,3,4 Sky3 Sky Arts and some +1 channels.
It's been going on for some time but was okay for a while after the new cable was installed.
Did you find out why I have a third cable run into my property.
Will someone come to tidy up the installation of the new cable as it's just lying loose on the grass.
Cheers
Dave Hutchins.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly Dave,

I'd like to arrange for a member of the team to come and look at the wiring situation as well as double checking the box while they're there.

I've sent you information regarding this in a private message, which you can view by clicking the purple envelope on the top right of this page.

Apologies again for the inconvenience caused

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
hutchiebear
Joining in
Message 7 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

Can you please sort out my TiVo service. You've had five goes at it so far and it works for short periods then I get frozen and pixelated recordings and everything generally gets slower and slower, frankly I'm getting to the point where I'm considering cancelling my contract.

I'm convinced it's not a problem with my TiVo box as the diagnostics programme dosen't find any issues so it must be the service from the network. I've had new cables run from my house to the service pedestal and I still have a spare cable not used. I read online that some subscribers need their signal boosted if they are are a long way from a service pedestal.

My next door neighbor has a Virgin service but his TiVo box is only a few metres from where the cable enters his house, my TIVo box is at the far end of my house with a cable run of about 40 Meters so maybe that is a problem?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Hi hutchiebear

Sorry to hear from you in these circumstances again, when we spoke last we organised an engineer to come and take a closer look, did they replace the set top box at all?

It's something we really want to get resolved as soon as possible so apologies again for the inconvenience this is causing.

Look forward to hearing from you

Craig

0 Kudos
frank_gm
Community elder
Message 9 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Craig_D

Given the OP's description of this recurring problem and the fact that you cannot detect any issues from your end, it is rather dishonest of you not to mention that he may in fact be suffering from the bug "Bug #357803 frame rate drop"

It really irritates me that none of the Forum team will address this problem.
Care to comment?

Nice to be able to post again, after their mistake (removed by the Censorship team).
¡No Pasarán!
0 Kudos
hutchiebear
Joining in
Message 10 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Hi Craig,

The last engineer who came did not replace the set top box or even mention it. After finding the chewed cable in the garden he and myself thought that was the cause and the service was okay for a few weeks. The service has got gradually slower and can sometimes take up 40 seconds the play a selected recorded programme.

I don't know if changing the set top box is the answer but I'll give it a go if you think that's the answer. If you want to book an engineer engineer to come and do that then please make sure it's any Friday between 4pm and 7pm.

Regards

Dave Hutchins

0 Kudos