Menu
KenNewbury
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

TiVo recordings issue

We have an issue with our TiVo box, recordings tend to break up, stutter or freeze and the only way we have found to resolve it is to press stop, restart the programme and fast forward or rewind until the programme runs freely again. Clearly it sounds like a hard drive problem but as we have a couple of complete series on there still to watch, and are still obviously recording day to day things, we don't want an engineer to just turn up and swap the box otherwise we will lose recordings that we haven't watched yet. Is there any way around this problem, in my simple view providing a new TiVo box and letting us kept the current one for a couple of months to finish watching our old recordings would be ideal, I don't suppose this is possible is it? Any other suggestions?

0 Kudos
jonathanlouis
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: TiVo recordings issue

It depends if the box is down as a issue or faulty the team will investigate for you if they find a fault with box doing tests they will be in touch soon jonni
0 Kudos
vwt5
Up to speed
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

i would say a new box required due to previous experience,im on my 3rd box in 12 months suffering the same problems and the new box is just the same,
0 Kudos
jonathanlouis
Knows their stuff
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

How many boxes have you got in total the other issue would be to return the other box back if you want 1 replacing if they find the current box faulty the team can sort your issue out they will be able to sort this for you
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hello KenNewbury,

Welcome to the community and I'm sorry to learn you're experiencing issues with your recordings.

If a reboot has not resolved this then we would need to arrange for a box swap, unfortunately we would not be able to provide you with a second box without you upgrading your package through customer services but this could incur an installation charge.

I would recommend watching your old recordings first and then I can arrange a technician for you which I will send you the details in a private message so once you're ready please let me know.

Kind regards

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
frank_gm
Community elder
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Notice that the official response does not mention seeing any problems, could this be another example of VM's dirty little secret that they just don't want to talk about?

http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Virgin-Media-TiVo-service/Slow-TiVo-now-corrupting-recording-and...

Nice to be able to post again, after their mistake (removed by the Censorship team).
¡No Pasarán!
0 Kudos