Menu
Garf32
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

TiVo recordings freeze

My TiVo box keeps freezing on playing back recorded programmes and I miss great chunks of the programme. Could this be connected to the speed of my broadband which doesnt seem to be reaching the speeds we were promised or is it a problem with the box?
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: TiVo recordings freeze

the internet speed has nothing to do with recordings but the signal coming to the box might do. Do you get any breakup or freezing when watching the channels live or is it just on recordings?
0 Kudos
Garf32
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi
It is only on recordings, not when watching 'live'
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

sounds like a HDD failing. VM will be able to test the box when they get to the post.
Garf32
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thank you
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Garf32, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's really great having you on board with us in the Community. 

Apologies to hear about the issues you have been having Smiley Sad Checking the account it does look as though the hard drive is on it's way out and we'll need to replace the box. 

We'll need to arrange for an engineer to come out and do this. I have sent you a private message regarding this. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Speak soon,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos