Menu
kered10
Tuning in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

TiVo recordings freeze or stutter & pixellate

Hi,

I pre-registered for TiVo at the beginning, so my 1TB box is one of the early ones. In the last month or so, there have been stutters, freezes and pixellations on replaying some recorded shows. I have tried a soft reset through the menu system, and I see from the forum that there may be merit in trying powering off completely for 5 mins then switching back on. I will shortly watch the F1 so I might wait til afterwards to try that. I also see that some folk on here have had their boxes tested remotely after posting problems like this, so I'd be happy if this was done, too.

Derek

0 Kudos
kered10
Tuning in
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: TiVo recordings freeze or stutter & pixellate

OK, last night I unplugged it for about 10 mins, I'll see what happens.

Derek

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: TiVo recordings freeze or stutter & pixellate

Hi Derek,

Thanks for posting. I'm sorry to hear your recordings from the TiVo® box are not of very good quality. I'll be happy to test your box remotely for you to find the problem.

I've managed to locate your account to run some tests. I'm able to detect errors coming from your hard drive which will explain why your recordings are like they are. This will need an engineer to come and swap the box.

I'll now send you a private message to discuss further. To view this click on the red envelope on the top left.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Thanks

Rich
Forum Team
0 Kudos