Menu
Vicky2016
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

TiVo recording random programs, can't stop it, much sad, help needed.....

Hi,

A couple of weeks ago our TiVo box started randomly recording series of programs we have never asked it to, and now every time we try watching TV, we get prompts about recording shows which is maddening.

I have tried troubleshooting the problem myself by following advice on here by turning off the suggestions, but still the problem remains and there is a tonne of random stuff that is in my planned recording queue.

The second crazy thing is that I cannot find a way to delete this stuff. Is there a way of deleting planned recording manually? I understand the system is a bit clunky, but there must be a way to actually tell the system to cancel the recording. I have tried searching the tech articles online and even asked Google, but have had no luck (and when Google doesn't have the answer, then it's serious).

I'm wondering if this is a glitch because it has never happened before.

Do I need to reset my box Smiley Sad

Please help Smiley Sad

Much sad Smiley Sad

Smiley Sad.......

0 Kudos
Parrotperson
Super solver
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: TiVo recording random programs, can't stop it, much sad, help needed.....

First. Have you definitely turned suggestions off. Check. It's easy to think you have but unless you highlight the correct setting it won't apply it

i see its in your planned recording queue. Of course this is just that. Planned. They might not record! Also have you git series link+. If you have it may be TiVo is trying to record things from every channel and streaming so you'll need to amend the series links to one channel only. 

Vicky2016
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: TiVo recording random programs, can't stop it, much sad, help needed.....

Hi,

Thanks for the advice. I can definitely confirm that the suggested recording is off. But all the my planned stuff is still there and we are still be prompted do you want to record this - which is why I want to delete the my planned recordings because I think the prompts are being pulled from that queue, so I want to clear the queue completely.

I was kinda of hoping of just an easy way to clear the queue. I have gone into the series link thing, but it does not allow me to cancel recordings. There must be a way to cancel a recording or clear the queue. 

0 Kudos