Menu
Mandy87
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

TiVo recording issue

Hey

So my TiVo box has, for a while now, only recorded partial parts of programmes.

This varies from tv shows, films sports and could be the last 30mins of a show or only recording 5/10mins.

It's not every recording but appears to be happening more and more.

I have had a look on the forum to try and resolve it but can't see a quick fix.

Hopefully this makes sense. Any help would be very much appreciated.

Thanks
Amanda
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: TiVo recording issue

Hi Mandy87

Welcome to the Virgin Media Community, I'm very sorry to learn about the problems with your TiVo box at the moment. 

I'd really like to run some tests on the box from our end but I've not been able to locate your account using your forum information unfortunately. So I can take a closer look, would you be able to respond to the private message I've sent with the requested information? 

You can view the message by clicking the purple envelope on the top right of this page. Sorry again for the inconvenience, we'll speak soon.

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Mandy87
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Craig,

Your colleague Stephen sent me a message regarding this stating i should leave my TiVo box on for 48 hours.  I have done this and left it on nearly 3 days now.  The issue still seems to be happening as several recordings i have scheduled havent recorded at all.  They appear in My Shows however when i go to watch these, they show as Partial however there is nothing there. Not even the usual 5/10mins worth of the recording.

Just wondering if this issue has been looked at yet as i dont particularly like leaving sockets switched on when im not in the house/at night.

thanks in advance

Amanda

0 Kudos
frank_gm
Community elder
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Mandy87 wrote:

Hi Craig,

Your colleague Stephen sent me a message regarding this stating i should leave my TiVo box on for 48 hours.  I have done this and left it on nearly 3 days now.  The issue still seems to be happening as several recordings i have scheduled havent recorded at all.  They appear in My Shows however when i go to watch these, they show as Partial however there is nothing there. Not even the usual 5/10mins worth of the recording.

Just wondering if this issue has been looked at yet as i dont particularly like leaving sockets switched on when im not in the house/at night.

thanks in advance

Amanda

Are you switching your Tivo box off completely, i.e. removing all power? If so then that may contribute to your problems as the Tivo is designed to be left on 24/7 to receive various updates, including those related to the TV Guide.

Nice to be able to post again, after their mistake (removed by the Censorship team).
¡No Pasarán!
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Mandy87

Thanks for getting back to us, as Frank has mentioned the TiVo works best when left switched on and by utilising the standby facility Man Happy

As you've left it on for a little while for us, I've been able to run some more tests on the TiVo box from our end. We're not detecting any issues from our end at the moment although this could be an issue with the hard device, which is a hard issue to detect.

For that reason, I'd like to arrange for an engineer to come and take a closer look, if you're available? I've sent you information regarding this in a private message, you can view the message by clicking the purple envelope on the top right of this page. 

Sorry again for the inconvenience this has caused, we're looking forward t putting it right.

Talk soon

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos