Menu
Mark1871
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

TiVo recording extra shows

My TiVo seems to have taken it upon itself to record the previous show as well the one I wanted to record. It only happens when I decide to record a show that has already started. For example, last night I decided to record Steptoe and Son. It was still on the opening credits. TiVo recorded Steptoe, the previous show (Birds of a Feather) , and the end of the show prior to that too! This is a new thing. Any ideas? All advice gratefully received.

Thanks.
0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Tavis75
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: TiVo recording extra shows

If the TiVo is tuned to a channel on one of it's three tuners when you start a recording then it will store whatever is in the buffer as part of the recording (which will be as long as it's been on that channel, or an hour, whichever is longest), this means that if you come across something interesting but it's already part way through, you can hit record and get the whole program.

The TiVo has always done this but I guess you probably just haven't happened to have started recording something on a channel that one of the tuners was already tuned to before.

All Replies
Tavis75
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

If the TiVo is tuned to a channel on one of it's three tuners when you start a recording then it will store whatever is in the buffer as part of the recording (which will be as long as it's been on that channel, or an hour, whichever is longest), this means that if you come across something interesting but it's already part way through, you can hit record and get the whole program.

The TiVo has always done this but I guess you probably just haven't happened to have started recording something on a channel that one of the tuners was already tuned to before.

Mark1871
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Ah right, makes sense now. I never record stuff like that usually. Always planned. Thanks for explaining that to me.
0 Kudos