Menu
Felim_Doyle
Superfast
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

TiVo "Stop Recording" deletes the recording

Since a TiVo software update a few months ago, choosing "Stop Recording" acts as though "Stop Recording & Delete" was selected. This is incorrect and potentially detrimental.

When a recording is stopped using the "Stop Recording" menu option, the portion of the programme already recorded should be retained.

I had hoped that something as serious as this would have been fixed in the latest update (yesterday) but it has not.
Félim
Aylesbury, Buckinghamshire, UK
0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: TiVo "Stop Recording" deletes the recording

Hi Felim_Doyle,

Thank you for posting,

I am sorry to read that you have experienced some interruptions on the TV services, the recording feature don't sound good at all. After having a look at the connection and running some tests, it's clear to see that there are some issues that would need to be looked at and adjusted by and engineer. You're downstream power levels aren't working well, this would not be the direct impact with that's going on with the box but it would benefit you in two ways to send someone out.

If you can have a little look inside your Inbox, you'll see I've sent you a Private Message. You can find this at the top right of the page, purple envelope.

Speak to you soon and welcome into the Community.
Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

All Replies
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Felim_Doyle,

Thank you for posting,

I am sorry to read that you have experienced some interruptions on the TV services, the recording feature don't sound good at all. After having a look at the connection and running some tests, it's clear to see that there are some issues that would need to be looked at and adjusted by and engineer. You're downstream power levels aren't working well, this would not be the direct impact with that's going on with the box but it would benefit you in two ways to send someone out.

If you can have a little look inside your Inbox, you'll see I've sent you a Private Message. You can find this at the top right of the page, purple envelope.

Speak to you soon and welcome into the Community.
Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

Felim_Doyle
Superfast
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I see that BenD_H has "retired" so I wonder if someone else can check those "downstream power levels" again please.

I did speak to Mona Lisa in support last week regarding another matter and the only thing that she was concerned about was the channel setting on our Broadband router and the fact that it hadn't been rebooted for a few months which was due to me being away. She made the necessary changes and rebooted the router remotely.

It may be that it has been fixed at the street cabinet since the issue first arose last year. However, I would just like to be reassured that the signal levels are correct now.

Thanks.

Félim
0 Kudos
Felim_Doyle
Superfast
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I see that BenD_H has "retired" so I wondered if someone else could check those "downstream power levels" again please.

I was speaking to Mona Lisa in support last week regarding another matter but her only concern was with the channel settings on the router and the fact that it hadn't been rebooted for a few months which was due to me being away. She changed the necessary settings and rebooted the router remotely.

It's likely that the signal level problem has been rectified at the street cabinet since the issue first arose but I would like to be reassured that the levels are correct now please.

Félim
0 Kudos