Menu
poindexter
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

TiVo question Weds night/Thurs morning

While watching a recording of Derren Brown's 'Miracle'  tonight (Wednesday night into Thursday) off went the TiVo.  Went into bluescreen and every light on the box lit up (and they still are).

I tried resetting to no avail, searched online for service problem status but nothing.

I'm quite an optimistic chap.  I prefer to think that this current extended downtime is because Virgin are installing the long-awaited fix for the problem with slow TiVo.

And it doesn't turn out to be yet another problem with this increasingly frustrating piece of hardware that I pay good money for.

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Leyland
Dialled in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: TiVo question Weds night/Thurs morning

Sounds like a dead TiVo to me.

__
2 x TiVo 1TB & 512GB - XL Package | BT Infinity :-) | Retired IT Professional :-) :-)
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Poindexter Smiley Happy

Thank you for your comments and welcome Smiley Happy

I would certainly like to help and I'm very sorry to learn that that TiVo looks a bit under the weather. 

I have tested the connection and i can see that there is an issue and would need an engineer. Your downstream power levels aren't what they should be and it looks like this is, at some point, booting you up again.

If you can have a little look inside your 'Inbox', you'll see I've sent you a 'Private Message'. You can find this at the top right of the page, purple envelope Smiley Happy

Take care.

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

All Replies
jb66
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

You my friend, have a dead box

Leyland
Dialled in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Sounds like a dead TiVo to me.

__
2 x TiVo 1TB & 512GB - XL Package | BT Infinity :-) | Retired IT Professional :-) :-)
poindexter
Tuning in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

It was working again this morning!

But from what you both say it sounds like it could be on the way out.

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Poindexter Smiley Happy

Thank you for your comments and welcome Smiley Happy

I would certainly like to help and I'm very sorry to learn that that TiVo looks a bit under the weather. 

I have tested the connection and i can see that there is an issue and would need an engineer. Your downstream power levels aren't what they should be and it looks like this is, at some point, booting you up again.

If you can have a little look inside your 'Inbox', you'll see I've sent you a 'Private Message'. You can find this at the top right of the page, purple envelope Smiley Happy

Take care.

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know