Menu
spears8471
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

TiVo playback and recordings freezing and pixellating

Hi

Recently I've noticed that some of my recordings and even playback on time delay the picture stops and freezes/pixelates. The FFWD & RWD buttons don't work immediately & then start working. For example I recorded Little Women NY on Lifetime last night. At 21 mins in it froze. Occasionally it would try to resume but eventually went forward by itself to 31 mins. I am currently writing this while the box reboots itself. I was watching Project Runway on the same channel & the picture just froze.  I was unable to do anything & the TiVo box eventually rebooted itself. I also recorded Russell Howard 's Stand Up Central last night. During playback it froze twice but resumed playback more or less straight away.  Can you advise why this is happening. I think I got the TiVo as they came out so not sure if it's at the end of it's shelf life.  My hard drive is always in the upper 90's% full but it can't be that because why have the HDD space to play with in the first place & trust me when I say my box is always in the upper 90's% full.

Thanks

[MOD EDIT: Subject heading changed to assist community]

0 Kudos
lfcfan1
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: TiVo playback & recordings freezing and pixellating

come and join sky tv !!better box better picture !! u wont have problems

0 Kudos
spears8471
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

No, thanks. Wouldn't have it given. Hate everything Murdoch stands for!

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Spears8471

Welcome back into the Community and thanks for posting Smiley Happy

I am sorry to read about the recent interruptions on the TV services, I've been able to look into the box and your hard drive isn't responding to my tests, indicating a fault. This would require an engineer to help adjust this and bring this back to a normal operation, or if not, a box swap.

If you can have a little look inside your 'Inbox', you'll see I've sent you a 'Private Message'. You can find this at the top right of the page, purple envelope Smiley Happy

Speak to you soon.

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos