Menu
Spikecast
Tuning in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

TiVo picture problem

Hi,

Wondering if anyone could help. Over the past week we are getting flickering lines on our recordings appearing sporadically and now we are getting this on Live TV. Is anyone able to run some tests to see if there is some sort of fault on our box etc?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Spikecast
Tuning in
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: TiVo picture problem

Anyone?
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Spikecast,

Many thanks for coming to the Community and welcome from all of us here Smiley Happy

I'm sorry to hear that you've not been able to get picture on the TV and we've not been in touch sooner.

Looking into the services in the home, I've been able to see a detectable fault on both TV and Internet that you may be receiving. One of the signal levels on the TiVo is a little low and some of the Downstreams for the Internet are working below also what we'd like. I'd really like to move this on to an engineer as I can arrange for them to check out both services whilst at the home and there are no listed outages for this.

I've sent you a 'Private Message', you can find this by clicking on the little red envelope near the top left of the page. If you can get back to me when you can I'm sure I can get this sorted for you Smiley Happy

Speak to you soon Smiley Happy

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
Spikecast
Tuning in
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks, I will send you a message via PM. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Spikecast,

PM received and one more on the way!

Thanks for taking the time out to speak to the Community and letting me help. 

Keep in touch on how the visit goes. 

All the best from the team and I.

Ben Smiley Happy

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
Spikecast
Tuning in
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks I will keep you updated.
0 Kudos
Spikecast
Tuning in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

Engineer came out and stated that it was due to a splitter that was boosting the signal so he removed that which has apparently sorted the issue. I wasn't at home when he arrived so my partner dealt with it. Would you mind checking to see how the levels are now? Can't understand why we had it on there and the signal would suddenly change.

Thanks,

Nick.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Spikecast,

Thank you for getting back to us after your engineer appointment. I'm glad to hear that the engineer was able to identify a problem and get that resolved for you.

Various things can cause changes on the signal coming into your equipment, like someone using faulty equipment that can cause interference in your area, faulty equipment in the cabinet, cabinet damage or vandalism, etc... There could also be a high demand issues in your area, in which case, our engineers will be working to upgrade the local network in order to resolve this for our customers.

I have run remote testing on your line to your equipment and I'm not seeing any issues now. 

Please let me know if you have any further issues. 

Kind regards.

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos