Menu
NJ9517
Tuning in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

TiVo performance issues and V6 upgrade

Hi all, I'm new to the forums!

It looks like I'm joining an army of other unfortunate people with this issue, but here goes.

I re-contracted in October and received a TiVo box to replace the V+HD. I was told this box was new and faster but from day 1 it's been incredibly slow, taking up to 10 minutes to load a program on catch up, if it loads at all.

An engineer came out and said our box was not faulty and that the TiVo boxes in general are slow and it was normal behavior. I asked why this was, given that the box was new, which he laughed at, said it was 7 years old(!!) and that a new box called the V6 would be coming out in the coming weeks.

I rang Virgin to complain and was told that a software update would be released in the coming weeks to rectify the problems with TiVo. A month later the box was still slow. Rang Virgin again to ask them to re-activate V+HD box, which I still have. They said this was not possible, they are no longer used and at this point I was outside of the cooling off period of the contract so couldn't cancel. They advised me to register my interest for the V6 on their website, but I never heard anything back.

I recently found out that a number of new customers who signed up received the V6 box free as part of a trial, without even asking for it! I rang Virgin last week to order it and was quoted a £114 one off fee. I recognise that the V6 box is their latest and greatest so I'd be willing to pay a nominal fee, but I don't feel I should have to pay £114 for a functioning box, which I had with the V+HD and which should be provided as part of my contract. The price was non-negotiable and the lady (Stacey) refused to put me through to a manager.

Rang again this evening and was told something completely different. I can't have the V6 box because my broadband speed is only 70mb and it "wouldn't connect to it" which is absolute rubbish and a lie. The lady, Sam, said I would have to upgrade to a new package with 100mb broadband and XL TV which would increase my bill by £20 per month and I'd STILL have to pay £65 for the box. She said it wasn't possible to have the V6 box on my current package despite me being offered exactly that just last week. I've just found a thread on here where a customer was told that they would have to upgrade from 100mb to 200mb to get the V6 so clearly customer services are just making things up and lying to customers to extort money out of them.

I'm so angry as I've been lied to and mislead into re-contracting by falsely being told that the TiVo box was new and not being told about the performance issues. I'm now left with a non-functioning box as Virgin won't reactivate the V+HD or give me the V6 at a fair price.

Really sorry for the lengthy post but can anyone help me and advise me on what to do?

Thanks

Nikola

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: TiVo performance issues and V6 upgrade

Although customer service have been getting things very wrong you do need 100meg broadband to get a V6 the one off costs are £99.99 with a £14.95 activation fee on your package

NJ9517
Tuning in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for confirming that. Out of curiosity do you know what would have happened if I'd had accepted their first offer? They were quite happy to supply the box for £114 without any changes to my package.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

NJ9517 wrote:

Thanks for confirming that. Out of curiosity do you know what would have happened if I'd had accepted their first offer? They were quite happy to supply the box for £114 without any changes to my package.

Thanks

At some point the system would have rejected the upgrade

0 Kudos
agirlcalledba
Joining in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Can i order from my online account?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

agirlcalledba wrote:

Can i order from my online account?

Personally I wouldn't

0 Kudos
NJ9517
Tuning in
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

How would I contact management about the issues e.g. by email/post? Customer services refuse to put me through to a manager. I cannot put up with this poor service any longer and would like either my Samsung V+HD box back or the V6 at a fair price taking into account all the issues I've experienced.

Thanks

Nikola

0 Kudos
NJ9517
Tuning in
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Can anyone help please? Customer services have told me on 3 separate occasions a manager will contact me within 48 hours but this never happens.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Fastest response - Twitter/Facebook

That will generally get their attention.

TV: XL+SkySports V6
BB: 200Mbps SuperHub: Arris
Loc: ME10
    Please use the Search feature before starting a new thread
To thank or if you Like a post, use the Kudos +button. If it's an answer to your query, click Options.
Finally, if all else fails, take a deep breath and remember there's more to life than the internet and TV!
0 Kudos