Menu
Guthriewalter
Tuning in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

TiVo on demand music

The change to on demand music is terrible. The VEVO app is slow and clunky and has constant advertising. I currently have the XL package but not for long unless there is a big improvement.

Tags (1)

Helpful Answers
pepperkorn
Up to speed
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: TiVo on demand music

Sadly an engineer isn't going to be able to fix the constant ads, I think I pay enough for the service without an ad before every single video.

Like Netflix, iPlayer and YouTube apps, I've give up on them from VM.

All Replies
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Guthriewalter, 

Thank you for taking the time out to message the Community, welcome in Smiley Happy

I'm sorry to read about your experience with VEVO, it's certainly not what I'd like for you. I'd like to know if you're seeing this slowness whilst trying to launch the app or whether you are in the app and then trying to listen to a particular track?

Finally, I'd like to know, if you're already in the app and seeing slowness, what tracks are you seeing this on?

Keep in touch.

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
Guthriewalter
Tuning in
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Ben. It's both . Launching the app is painfully slow and also afterwards changing to new tracks is slow and preceded by advertisements every time. Not good VM. 

0 Kudos
pepperkorn
Up to speed
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I'm seeing the same thing, painfully slow load times for the app, it takes ages for a track to play but hey the ads play fine.

Who ever tested this wants a word. It is not fit for purpose.

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Guthriewalter,

Thank you for your reply Smiley Happy

I have taken a further look into this for you, signal and power level wise all looks great.  Also I am pleased to report there aren't any high demand issues present on the network you are connected to. 

In order to check this further, can you please let me know if this happen on others Apps like BBC iPlayer, YouTube or Netflix?

If you can let me know, I can help further.

Collette Smiley Happy

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi pepperkorn,

Thanks for coming by Smiley Happy

I'm sorry to hear that your Apps are also running slowly for you.  I will be happy to help check this out for you.

I have carried out some checks with your box remotely and there are some signal issues that need taking care of by one of our engineers.  I'd like to arrange an appointment for you, I will pop all the details of the next steps in a private message for you.

(Look for the envelope icon above)

Collette Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Guthriewalter
Tuning in
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Colette. All catch up is very slow, particularly bbc Iplayer. I've tried usual reboot, restart options.possibly a problem with the TiVo box ☹️

0 Kudos
pepperkorn
Up to speed
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Sadly an engineer isn't going to be able to fix the constant ads, I think I pay enough for the service without an ad before every single video.

Like Netflix, iPlayer and YouTube apps, I've give up on them from VM.

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Guthriewalter,

Thank you for your reply Smiley Happy

I have had another look at your box remotely to see if there is any change and signal wise all still looks great.  

If I can just check one more thing if that's ok?  

Will this happen anytime you use the Apps?  Have you notices the slowness happen at certain times of the day?

If you can let me know I will help further Smiley Happy

Thanks for your patience.

Collette Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Guthriewalter
Tuning in
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Have given up using music on demand now on my TiVo box. It's really rubbish and VEVO is sluggish and not with any content we want to see or hear. It's out of date and you can't get the most recent tracks.

Im phoning up tomorrow to reduce my program plan to the most basic and cheapest I can get. VM have totally shot themselves in the foot with this one!

0 Kudos