Menu
Ellaye
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

TiVo not recording

The TiVo box is brilliant in that you can set it to record shows that cover a topic so as a family of Watford FC fans we told our box to record any football that involved our club. This has worked really well until last weekend! Our wonderful FA Cup win at Arsenal - not recorded!!! Nor even the Match of the Day highlights late that night. The ones from the previous round are still there on My Shows. 

My mum who was not at the game said the recording light was on during the match but there is no recording there. The last thing recorded on My Shows was from the Thursday night 10th March and even the last recording on the Suggestions section is shown as Saturday 12th March. It will record if you press record button while watching a programme but I haven't as yet tried to set a recording but it usually records on a daily basis for the suggestions and has not done so for several days.  The space used is showing as 43% so it shouldn't be a space issue.

Does anyone have any ideas as to what has happened?

0 Kudos
ozsat
Trouble shooter
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: TiVo not recording

Have you had a look in the  Recording Hiccups  to see if there is a mention there?

==================================
V6 TiVo (with MRS)
VIVID 350 Optical Fibre (350/20mb) in Area 31
SkyQ Silver Bundle (UHD)
0 Kudos
Ellaye
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Where do I find the recording hiccups?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Ellaye,

Thanks for coming by, I just wanted to pop by and help out.

You can find the Hiccups folder via these steps:

HOME > MY SHOWS & RECORDINGS > RECORDING HICCUPS

Let me know how you get on in checking what happened to your recording of Watford FC.

Collette Smiley Happy

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Ellaye
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Colette,

Thank you for your reply. I did manage to find the recording hiccups and the football match was listed with a couple of other recordings. I noticed some of the items say "can recover" but the football match didn't say that, it said "power lost", which I don't understand as to our knowledge there was no power loss during that time.  In fact because the game was repeated it actually said that every time which is a bit odd!!! No other item said that yet it said it for every time this particular match was shown!  Now when you go back to the original game it says "no longer on guide" but the repeat still says power lost. 

Very confusing!!!

Ellaye.

0 Kudos
jonathanlouis
Knows their stuff
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

ellaye are you sure your not recording sky sports channels or plus sport channels like bt sports if its a sky sports channel it wont record unless your a subscriber to sports package unless you picked this channel from on demand it will still record bt sports but if your not got sky sports subscription but the box wont record football unless its a certain football game you want to watch i dont know my self what the problem is it sounds like your asking tivo to record things that are shown on the screen and not on tv it wont record that way
0 Kudos
Ellaye
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

No, we definitely can watch Sky Sports and BT sport and it has previously recorded many football games on both channels. That is why it was so disappointing that it failed to record this one!

0 Kudos