Menu
Scottio19
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

TiVo noise new box.

Hi, 

I joined Virgin not long ago and today had everything set up, everything works great apart from the constant knocking (dripping) sound coming from the box.

I lifted the box up but the noise remains, tried sitting something under it to see if that helped but the same result. It's loud enough to distract me and since my mother has the same box I checked with her and no noise at all from her TiVo box.

is there any solution to this as I don't think this Persistant noticeable noise is correct.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: TiVo noise new box.

Hi Scottio19

Welcome to the community

Sorry to hear that your getting a constant knocking noise from your TiVo® box.

When I checked your account, the TiVo® was showing as offline. Is this due to being powered off as not in use?

If you can let me know when it is back online I can run more tests and see if there are any issues.

Hope to hear from you soon

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Scottio19
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Sam,

I had someone out today to look at the TiVo box and it turned out one of the hard drives was faulty and was causing the constant loud noises.

All fixed now.

thanks for your help.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Scottio19

Thanks for getting back in touch.

I'm glad this is now working for you.

If you have any further issues then by all means get back in touch.

Regards

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos