Menu
Kriss65
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

TiVo network connection.

Hi,

I am thinking of getting a TiVo box, can anyone advise if it can be connected to my router via wifi.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: TiVo network connection.

TiVo can be connected via wifi but you have to add a universal wifi adapter to allow this.

Before you spend money on this, can I ask why you want to do this?

TiVo does not require connection to your home network for normal operation. It has its own, direct connection to the Internet.

0 Kudos
Kriss65
Joining in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Good Morning,

Many thanks for your reply. If I do go for a TiVo box I would like to be able to use the Tv Anywhere app with my iPhone and I assumed that would require connection to my router, but I am a bit green on this side of things.

0 Kudos
kennysarmy
Tuning in
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

If the Tivo is connected to your router with a LAN cable and your iPhone is connected to the same router (via wifi) then they are both still on the same network and the app will work.
Regards
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Kriss65 wrote:

Good Morning,

Many thanks for your reply. If I do go for a TiVo box I would like to be able to use the Tv Anywhere app with my iPhone and I assumed that would require connection to my router, but I am a bit green on this side of things.

You do not need to connect your TiVo to your router to use almost all of the TV Anywhere function.

You can manage your TiVo resources, series links, planned recordings, guide, ....

You can stream those channels with the wifi symbol over wifi.

The only thing you have to connect the TiVo to your home network for is the ability to use the app as a replacement for your physical TiVo remote in operating your TiVo/TV interaction.

0 Kudos
Kriss65
Joining in
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

Many thanks for your reply and help.

Best regards.

0 Kudos
Kriss65
Joining in
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi,
Many thanks for your help. As the box will not be far from my router I think it may be best to use a cable if I can, I'll order the box and see how it goes when it's installed.
Many thanks.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Please try without the Ethernet cable between the TiVo and Superhub at first and see the difference in function available, with and without the connection.

0 Kudos
Kriss65
Joining in
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Will do, many thanks for all your help.
Best regards.
0 Kudos