Menu
cleddington85
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

TiVo network connection

Hello, I am trying to connect my TiVo box to the network so I can use the TV anywhere app properly, how ever I am struggling with this. I do not have a superhub, its an older style d-link one, but it is connected to my TiVo box by Ethernet cable, but it doesn't seem to work. What am I doing wrong, do I need to have a superhub? 

Any advice would be gratefullyreceived!!

Tags (1)

Helpful Answers
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: TiVo network connection

Hi Cleddington85,

Welcome to the Community and thank you for posting for the first time Smiley Happy

I'm sorry to learn about the TiVo connection here, I've been testing the connection upon reading your post and I've been able to see a detectable fault that would need some attention. I'll come to that a little later, however to answer your question you should be able to connect if the Ethernet is connected directly into the Super Hub and TiVo box. With the D link style router I would refer to the manual to make sure that the Modem mode can be established. 

I've sent you a 'Private Message', you can find this by clicking on the little purple envelope near the top right of the page.

Get back to me when you can.

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos

All Replies
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Cleddington85,

Welcome to the Community and thank you for posting for the first time Smiley Happy

I'm sorry to learn about the TiVo connection here, I've been testing the connection upon reading your post and I've been able to see a detectable fault that would need some attention. I'll come to that a little later, however to answer your question you should be able to connect if the Ethernet is connected directly into the Super Hub and TiVo box. With the D link style router I would refer to the manual to make sure that the Modem mode can be established. 

I've sent you a 'Private Message', you can find this by clicking on the little purple envelope near the top right of the page.

Get back to me when you can.

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
cleddington85
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Thank you Ben, I will try and dig the manual out and have a look, but maybe time to upgrade to a superhub!

Thanks for your assistance,

Craig
0 Kudos