Menu
anoldclone
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

TiVo loses connectivity

I have TV Anywhere, on an IPad Air 2, running IOS 9.32. For several weeks, every time I try and connect to the TiVo box, it fails and disconnects my internet connection and I have to wait while the router reboots. On occasions I can connect to the TiVo box but rarely and I often also get error sync messages. I have tried all resets of the box, IPad and reinstalling the app but nothing fixes the problem. HELP!
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: TiVo loses connectivity

Hi anoldclone, 

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear about the issues you are currently having trying to use TV Anywhere. 

I think the best thing to do here is to start all the way at the beginning as if TV Anywhere has never been used before. 

Can you delete the app from your iPad. Once you've done this, restart the device by turning the power off and back on. On a PC or Laptop, go to anywhere.virginmedia.com > My Profile > Device Settings and delete the device from the 'My Registered Devices' section. 

We're also going to do a complete reboot of the whole system to ensure the 'handshakes' are being made between each device. 
>Firstly turn the Hub and the TiVo® off by the mains and leave off for around 5 minutes. 
>Double check the ethernet cable to ensure it's secure at both ends.
>Turn on the Superhub and allow time for it to be completely online. 
>Next power up the TiVo® and wait until you can navigate between menus without any hesitations. This should allow the connection to be restored. 

Once all that is done, go back to the iPad you are wanting to use TV Anywhere with and download the app. 

Once this has downloaded, sign in using your primary account details. Go to the channel listings and select Channel 4 > Watch Now > Watch On Device. This should then prompt you to register the device. Follow the prompts on the app and this will register the device for you and streaming should then commence Smiley Happy

Let me know what happens at this point.
Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
anoldclone
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Sheesh! I'll try it tomorrow afternoon and report back.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi anoldclone, 

I know it's a lot to ask but it will be surprisingly a lot quicker than what it seems when written down Smiley Happy

Did you get a chance to try this on Tuesday? How did it go?

Come back and let us know.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

0 Kudos
anoldclone
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Well I followed everything to the letter and on trying to log in with the newly downloaded app, first received error sync account message and then I was yet again disconnected from the Internet and my hub rebooted!

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi anoldclone, 

Thanks for coming back to me on this and apologies to hear that the steps I offered haven't helped Smiley Sad

Are you signing in with your Primary email address or a second account? 

I'm not sure why this would cause your router to reboot either. 

I would give the team a call on 150 / 0345 454 1111 so they can take a closer look at everything as a whole for you. 

Let me know how the call goes. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

0 Kudos