Menu
cashmanian
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

TiVo keeps switching to YouTube

My TiVo box has recently started switching to YouTube when I've left it alone. I switch the TV off but the TiVo box, instead of putting itself on standby, turns to YouTube. Today it did it whilst I was watching the TV.

Any ideas?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: TiVo keeps switching to YouTube

Hi cashmanian,

Welcome to the forum and thanks for your post although I'm sorry to hear about your problem with TiVo switching to Youtube randomly.

I've managed to locate your details and run several checks on the TiVo® box. The test results are all healthy with nothing standing out as the potential cause of this. I'd recommend taking a look at this help article How do I clear or reset my TiVo box? as this may rectify the issue. Your looking to carry out option four which is clear and delete everything but I'd recommend watching your recordings before doing this as they will be removed during this process. If the problem persists we can then look to arrange for one of engineers to come around and investigate the issue further.

Kind regards

Stephen_B
Community Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
Topic63
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Just noticed after my TiVo updated that it is also now switching to YouTube on its own?

its only a few weeks ago I had an engineer out for a similar problem so why has this started again after this update today??

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hello Topic63,

Thanks for posting and I'm sorry to learn you're also experiencing this issue.

I have located your account and sent some signals to the box so if this is still happening could you reboot the box by the mains and let me know if there's any change please.

Looking forward to hearing from you

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
adrianm758
Dialled in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Does it have an ethernet cable plugged in the back? If so, unplug it, and see if it stops happening.

If you don't know what the ethernet cable is, see this article..

http://help.virginmedia.com/system/selfservice.controller?CMD=VIEW_ARTICLE&ARTICLE_ID=13730&CURRENT_...

0 Kudos
aidanh
Joining in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

mine does it too - and yes, it has an ethernet cable plugged in - but why should that make a difference?

0 Kudos
samjo345
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Did anybody find out what caused this? Our v6 has started doing the samething. Sitting watching something on playback from myshows folder and all of a sudden it will switch over to you tube then occasionally turns off.
0 Kudos