Menu
binterz
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

TiVo keeps rebooting

My TiVo box keeps restarting. It first happened last Sunday (30/11) and seems to occur most often during playback of recordings, or when resuming a paused live program. Service status check on tv returns no detectable faults. Please advise further troubleshooting steps

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
Parrotperson
Super solver
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: TiVo keeps rebooting

Sounds like you have a dying box. Best phone in for an engineer. 

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi binterz,

Thanks for coming by Smiley Happy

I'm sorry to hear that your TiVo® box is rebooting itself frequently.  I will be happy to help check this out for you.  

I have carried out some checks on the box remotely and whilst the signal and power levels are fine I can see an issue in the Hard Drive status which maybe the cause.  I will need to arrange for an engineer to call out and fix this for you, I will send you a private message with further details of the next steps.

(Look for the envelope icon above)

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

binterz
Tuning in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

OK, thanks. I replied to your PM.

0 Kudos
binterz
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

New box as suspected. Installed. How long until tv guide listings completely download, so I can set up my series links again?. Been on for 30 mins now, and only got as far as Saturday

0 Kudos
sjp123
Problem sorter
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

it can take a couple of downloads to get your full epg.

you can force things through by going into settings > settings > network > connect

give each attempt a good while to process all the data, at least an hour after the status claims it's finished as there's a bit of background still going on.

0 Kudos