Menu
Thommo14
Tuning in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

TiVo just automatically deleted over ten programmes

I've read about this issue before but never experienced it - until now.

Last night I noticed that my TiVo box's storage was down two percent. I checked the recording hiccups section and to my absolute rage discovered that loads of my programmes had been deleted. There doesn't seem to be any pattern to the deletion - it appears to be totally random. The programmes had their series links set to 'keep until I delete' and storage was at 95%.

I can't recover these programmes, and checking upcoming shows reveals no repeats are on the horizon. This has totally messed up my viewing of these series.

Not really had any issues with TiVo after using it for a few years (apart from slowness). So, can someone explain why TiVo is automatically deleting my programmes when I have instructed it not to? Anything to do with storage being at 95%?

Cheers in advance.

0 Kudos
Parrotperson
Super solver
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: TiVo just automatically deleted over ten programmes

The reason not that it's much help now is that Tivo looks ahead for two weeks and if it works out there's not enough space then it deletes stuff

However. You may the victim of a bug that been around for a while. If you mark too much as keep until I delete it sends Tivo a bit potty.

There's new software on the way and s new box which is the only reason I'm hanging around frankly.
0 Kudos
Thommo14
Tuning in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: TiVo just automatically deleted over ten programmes

Thanks for the info. Never had any issues before and with less space left too. I've had to scrap watching some series because of the episodes I've missed.

Any idea when the software update is coming?

0 Kudos