Menu
shiny8163
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

TiVo is stuck on starting up.

Hi, after a recent fault in the area my TiVo is now stuck on starting up. Service status says 'good service' when checked online. It has been trying to start up now for two days.

Anybody any suggestions??

0 Kudos
shiny8163
Joining in
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: TiVo is stuck on starting up.

Just called Virgin and I've been told my box is faulty as they cannot find a fault in the area.
Now I have to waste my weekend hanging about waiting for an engineer.
How can an external fault in the area result in a fault in my box??
I was also told that if I had reported it yesterday it would be working by now.
I calmly & pleasantly told the gentleman that I spoke to that I would have reported it yesterday if the website hadn't said it would be repaired by ten o'clock this morning.
HOW STUPID OF ME, BELIEVING THE WEBSITE!!!!

Can feel a new Sky box coming on!!!
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: TiVo is stuck on starting up.

Hi Shiney8163,

Thanks for popping by with your comment and welcome back to the Community. 

I'm very sorry to hear that you've not been able to use the TiVo and it's stuck on the Start Up screen. I've had a little look into this and can see that there does look like there's a fault with the box. On my investigation I found that the Hard drive isn't functioning as it should and this can result in data being recorded incorrectly. 

As a result of these, I'd like to arrange an engineer as I can see the weekend has come and I'm still detecting a problem. I'm very sorry for the inconvenience as already know you've had to wait in for one. 

I've sent you a 'Private Message', you can find this by clicking on the little red envelope near the top left of the page.

Get back to me when you can.

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos