Menu
The_Plodder
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

TiVo is so slow or it dies

My TiVo box keeps re-booting itself. On the previous two occasions I've been watching either something on my planner or Netflix and it just dies and reboots, reboots, reboots or I have to switch it off at the mains to actually get it to start up.

I am so fed up with this TiVo. If it's not uber slow it dies! I thought replacing the box would sort out the slowness. It didn't.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: TiVo is so slow or it dies

Hi The_Plodder,

Thanks for the post and sorry to hear you're having trouble with your TiVo rebooting.

I've run several checks on the feed to the TiVo and all seems ok from this end. Due to the nature of your issue though I feel it would be best if we get an engineer out to take a look at this for you.

I will send you a private message shortly which you can view via the purple envelope at the top right of the page.

Regards

Stephen_B
Community Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
crypticc
Superfast
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Does it happen at around 10 or so minutes past?  This was one of the symptoms I saw. See the other thread I just posted to if it sounds familiar

----------------------------------------------------------
TiVo video output scaling-bugs

Tivo-scaling-bug

Virgin-TV-V6 Video-Output-Settings

0 Kudos
The_Plodder
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I hadn't notice what the time is, all I know is it happens frequently! It was slow previously, had the box exchanged (that was traumatic in itself - I had to complain) and ever since the update late last year it's even slower. I have an engineer visit planned for Thursday so finger's crossed!
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for getting back to us with this information.

I'm glad to hear you have a technician booked and please let us know if you experience any further problems after your visit.

Kind regards

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos