Menu
Moosey
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

TiVo incredibly slow since update

Another person adding to the litany of complaints since the TiVo was updated last week...it is incredibly slow, takes over 10 seconds to change channel, can't play recorded programs, even trying to connect to the box using the TV Anywhere app takes a few attempts as it just times out. A reboot helps for a short time, but then it goes back to being slow again. It is getting to be unusable. I called Virgin on Weds about it, someone changed some settings and told me to reboot it which worked for a few hours, then back to being slow again. Want to call to complain but loathe to do so as he said next step is to send out an engineer, which I know is pointless as it's the upgrade that's done it. What's more annoying is that I only signed a new contract last month to get the bill down...really wishing I hadn't now as then I could leave to go to Sky straight away
Pete_Pirata
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: TiVo incredibly slow since update

Hi There, this worked for me.....As well as clearing all suggestions and preferences, I got this helpful advice from Josh of the Virgin Forum team and it worked.. To clear the cache on the TiVo® just go to the Home screen and press Thumbs Down, Thumbs Up, Play, Play. You'll hear a 'ping' noise and the screen will go blank for a few seconds. After 30 seconds the screen came back on and the box was much faster... Hope this helps others. Peter
0 Kudos
Moosey
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Pete, tried that and it did make it quicker for a short time, but soon back to how it was.  I've cleared out all suggestions and thumb ratings, rebooted multiple times, and the service is still really really slow.  Catch up and recordings are unwatchable.  I now get 'To Be Announced' on the TV guide for a few of the channels, and if I change to some channels I get a message that the channel is currently unavailable, and then it will start playing it.  Seems to be getting worse not better Smiley Mad

0 Kudos
Moosey
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

And performance is still awful Smiley Sad

If I rewind/pause a program, even if for a few seconds, then as soon as I hit play the picture breaks up, sound is patchy, and the only way I can get back to normal is to fast forward so it's back to showing live.  Recordings do this as well.

If there was something from Virgin explaining what the issue is and what they're doing to fix it/estimated fix time, then it wouldn't be so bad, but there's nothing.  This is reminiscent of when Blackberry had that outage and their customer service at the time, and look how well that worked out for them!

It's a bit pointless having a TiVo if all I can do is watch live TV, I may as well just use the TV Player app on my Firestick...getting severely tempted to end my contract now.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Moosey,

Apologies for the inconvenience. This is an issue we are aware of and are working to resolve.

Keep an eye on this thread for more information and updates.

Thanks

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos