Menu
Louandg
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

TiVo humming / buzzing

Our TiVo box is old and has recently started making a loud humming/ buzzing noise and takes a long time to load when, for example, you click ' my shows'. Do you think the hard drive is going?  Tried putting it on a cushion etc and it doesn't make any difference. It's plugged into a Sony amp.

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: TiVo humming / buzzing

Hi Louandg,

Thank you for taking the time out to reach the Team, I can see this is a first for you so welcome to the Community Smiley Happy

I'm sorry to read that you've had a bit louder noises than usual, this can be result of sometimes having the box on a hard enclosed surface.

I would like to ask if you're hearing this when you pick this up also? 

I have been testing this initially and I have found that your power levels aren't working as they should be. You will need an engineer and I've sent you a 'Private Message', you can find this by clicking on the little purple envelope near the top right of the page.

Get back to me when you can.

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
Louandg
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your reply. Do you work for virgin? What do you mean about the power levels- would that make it buzz? Thanks for your help
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Louandg,

Thank you for your reply Smiley Happy

Yes, I've been with Virgin Media for 6 years now and with the Community for 2. The power levels alone wouldn't create the fault, however with these signal issues existing in the home it's best to get someone out to help and also take a look at the noise, if this is still ongoing that is.

Keep in touch.

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos