Menu
Keithp88
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

TiVo has died

Hi, my 1 TB TiVo has died, again. It is an ex TiVo etc. It wont start or respond to the remote. When turned off and on again (the 'man' fix) it drops into a restart loop where all the lights come on and flash in various sequences then it all dies again. Very sad. Your assistance would be greatly appreciated. Many thanks.

0 Kudos
Olly
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: TiVo has died

If the status for your area is showing no faults then it sounds like you need to call it it in if you want a  quick fix. . can take a good while before the Mods get around to threads as they do oldest in the 'to do' list first, and they'll probably just do the same as the CS people anyway and book an engineer

Good luck, hope you can get a fix soon

Keithp88
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

OK, so I have been unsuccessful in trying to contact Virgin Media by phone, and live chat isn't working today. I cant run the diagnostic off the website because my box is dead. Can someone arrange an engineer for me?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Olly
Fibre optic
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

oh dear . . Are the CS people not answering?  you will get an engineer faster via a phone call than via the Forum mods who have to go thru messages methodically and in date order and are usually a few days behind..

I don't think Live chat is manned at a weekend but the 150 and 0345 numbers are.

hope someone can sort you soon

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Keithp88,

Thanks for coming by and I'm sorry to hear that your TiVo® box won't start up.

I'll be happy to help get this sorted for you Smiley Happy

I have carried out some checks, I have found a detectable signal issue.  In order to get this fixed I will arrange for an engineer to call out for you.

All the details are in a private message I'll send to you now Smiley Happy

(Look for the envelope icon above)

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos