Menu
KF
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

TiVo has deleted my last 50 programmes

I returned home tonight to find my TiVo has deleted the last 50 shows I had recorded. It was only at 63% when I left for work this afternoon it is now at 47% so it didn't need to delete because there was no space. I know 50 shows have gone because I counted them in the recording hiccups section where it says they were deleted because space was needed and it seems I can't get them back. Can someone please help/explain what is going on. I am really annoyed that all the series I was part way through watching have disappeared is there anyway of getting them back?

0 Kudos
Parrotperson
Super solver
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: TiVo has deleted my last 50 programmes

First of all have you checked if they're in your deleted shows folder? 

If you've got the bug that's on some Tivo's then I doubt they will be there and you won't I'm afraid get them back. Although it's worth trying a reboot as this sometimes brings them back. The bug seems to strike fairly randomly but is exasperated by marking all your series links 'keep until I delete' as this forces TiVo to look two weeks ahead and if it discovers that you've not enough disk space (even if you're only at 50% if you have 55% to record it'll cause a problem) 

interestingly over xmas my box got to 99% full and I didn't lose a signal recording. It's odd. 

0 Kudos
KF
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: TiVo has deleted my last 50 programmes

Yes the first place I checked was deleted shows which of course was empty! Now bizarrely all 50 shows aren't appearing in recording hiccups which I was using to remember which shows I'd lost so I can watch them on catch up, only 11 are on the list now. Series which I know got deleted have disappeared from the list. I still have the 'never delete' shows which is one good thing, I'm in the process of transferring them to my DVD recorder but that's going to take ages to play them all in real time.

I did try a reboot but that didn't bring them back.

0 Kudos