Menu
Doug1
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

TiVo hangs, breaks up, jumps forward

Hi anybody any ideas how to fix a TiVo that has started to freeze for a few seconds during replay. The picture then breaks up momentarily before it plays ok for a random period before freezing again. Occasionally, rather than freezing it jumps forward a few minutes. It also takes an age to delete a watched programme. Any thoughts?
0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: TiVo hangs, breaks up, jumps forward

Hi there Doug1, 

I'd like to welcome you to the forums and say that I'm really sorry to hear that you are having issues when watching some of your recordings, this must be really annoying for you. 

I've done some testing on your connection, and can see that your TiVo® is reporting an issue with the hard drive, this would cause this fault for you. So I'd like to look into booking a technician to call out and investigate further. 

I've sent you a private message with details on how we can get this arranged, please look to the top left of  this page where you'll see a red envelope icon, click on this and you'll see my message. 

many thanks and apologies again.

Huw

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos

All Replies
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi there Doug1, 

I'd like to welcome you to the forums and say that I'm really sorry to hear that you are having issues when watching some of your recordings, this must be really annoying for you. 

I've done some testing on your connection, and can see that your TiVo® is reporting an issue with the hard drive, this would cause this fault for you. So I'd like to look into booking a technician to call out and investigate further. 

I've sent you a private message with details on how we can get this arranged, please look to the top left of  this page where you'll see a red envelope icon, click on this and you'll see my message. 

many thanks and apologies again.

Huw

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
DerekH14
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Huw

I'm having the same problem as Doug 1 - Is it possible you could check my connection for me?

Many thanks

Derek

0 Kudos
Shez879
Tuning in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Huw,
Include me too. I'm having a similar issue. Specially when watching BBC 1 recorded shows.
Thanks
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi DerekH14,

Welcome to the forums Smiley Happy

I'm sorry to hear that you're also experiencing freezing on your programmes.  I'll be  happy to check this out for you.

I have connected to your box remotely, and there are signal issues that require the attention of an engineer to fix for you.

I'll send you a private message with details of the next steps.  (Look for the envelope icon above).

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi shez879,

Just wanted to pop by and let you know I have responded to your post here.

All the best. Smiley Happy

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos