Menu
tammcc
Superfast
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

TiVo going into sleep mode and switching off tv

As title twice now my TiVo has went into sleep mode and shut down my TV. Anyone got any ideas as to why it's shutting down the tv and will this damage the tv.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: TiVo going into sleep mode and switching off tv

Could this be a function of your TV that it switches off when there is no signal coming from attached devices?

This is unlikely to cause any problem for your TV as they are designed to be switched from n and off.

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Tammcc,

Welcome back to the Community Smiley Happy 

I've been looking into this and just to save any worry, your TV will be fine Smiley Happy The TiVo may be going into sleep mode, can you check this for me please? You can check via the following:-

Home>>>Help & Settings>>>Settings>>>Devices>>>Power Saving Settings>>> (Can you tell me what this is on? Please press OK on 'Off')

Get back to me when you can and hope this helps! Smiley Happy

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
tammcc
Superfast
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I have this feature turned off. It has happened when only starting to watch tv, after tv being on 6hrs(same channel), and when tv on all day at the weekend (many channel changes for the football). The built in sleep function should not really work in these situations.
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hey Tammcc, 

Thank you, with that done and it's continued sleep I'd like to get this looked at by one of our engineers.

With this being said if there's a fault with the box, likelihood is that it will be replaced, this doesn't move any shows over so watching them prior would be best.

I've sent you a 'Private Message', you can find this by clicking on the little red envelope near the top left of the page.

Keep in touch and speak to you soon. 

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos