Menu
atro1
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

TiVo functions not working

i have brought a new TV. A Sony 55 .8005c called 150 twice given two different ways to do it. Neither worked! Some help please.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: TiVo functions not working

I'm not sure what you mean.

A new TV should simply be connected to the TiVo via an HDMI cable.

The TV then needs to be switched to the HDMI Source to which the TiVo has been connected and the output from the TiVo should be displayed.

0 Kudos
atro1
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Sorry, what I meant was to control sound volume etc. From my TiVo remote. As I stated I have telephoned twice to 150 been given two lots of codes two different directions of how to do it! With no joy.

Is it because the TVis new and the code is not published yet?

Some time back Virgin offered ( out of the blue) to check my equipment to see if everything ok, I can called this as everything was! Not anymore!

All I want is my TIVO remote to control basic functions on my TV the same as it does on the other two TVs in my house.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi atro1,

A warm welcome to the community Smiley Happy

I'm sorry to hear that you haven't had any luck in getting the volume control sorted yet.  If the codes the we have provided haven't worked yet, it's worth trying again (If you haven't already).  If you have no luck then the best thing to do is contact the Customer Service team of the TV set and they will hopefully help you find the correct code for your model of TV.  We do try and keep our codes up to date but with new brands/models being made frequently we don't always have all the latest ones.

I will pop this Remote Control Guide here incase it may be useful for you.

Let me know how you get on.

Collette Smiley Happy

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos