Menu
Spacebucks
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

TiVo freezing, jumping when paused and recording

For two weeks on the trot now I have paused itv to watch Dr Foster for a few mins at the start to get a cuppa but also have it recording. As soon as I press play to resume watching the picture jumps ahead and to the current part of the programme and the recording stops. This is really annoying. I am also occasionally getting pixelation on live TV. What's going on with the TiVo box? Is it faulty? Virgin did find signal faults back in June but an engineer traced issues to the signal box over the road from me. Now these issues are occurring and it's very annoying - can you help please Virgin?
0 Kudos
haggler
Tuning in
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: TiVo freezing, jumping when paused and recording

They sign up so many people that the box gets overloaded.
Your signal slowly but surely degrades. They then fiddle about with attenuators and the like to try and either amplify or cut signal strength as needed. They really need more roadside cabinets so as to not split the feed as much as they do
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Spacebucks,

Just popping by to let you know I responded to your post here Smiley Happy

Cheers.

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
KenWishae
Tuning in
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

We are getting the same problem i.e when a programme is paused for a few minutes when play pressed the programme jumps to the current live position.  Also when a programme end is passed instead of carrying on the programme jumps to the current live position and so part of the programme is missed.  What can be done about this.

Cheers

Kenwishae

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi KenWishae,

Thank you for posting on the Community Forum. I'm sorry to hear about the problems you are having with your TiVo® when pausing and recording programmes.

I have been able to access your account via your Forum details and run testing to your equipment. Your TiVo® settings look fine--no issues seen, which is good news.

There are a few things we can try remotely to get this sorted out for you. I have sent a new signal to your TiVo already, so the next step would be to have to perform a Service Connection on your TiVo. Below are the step by step instructions:
  • Go into Home > Settings > Network
  • Force a Service Connection, by selecting Connect to Virgin Media Service now.
  • The Service Connection can take up to 40 minutes to fully complete, depending on the volume of information it needs to load. Please check again in 1 hour.

Please let me know how you get on with this. 

Kind regards.

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi KenWishae,

I'm checking back with you to see how things are going with your TiVo®. Has the freezing and jumping issue stopped, or is this still ongoing?

Please let me know if I can help further.

Take care.

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
Spacebucks
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

The TiVo box was changed over but now we have really bad pixelation issues on various channels all the time. I'm guessing the virgin media cables arecpiss faulty? Signal levels on tuners are around 49% so this sounds low to me ? Another engineer required I expect?
Thanks
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Spacebucks, 

Thank you for your post. 

I'm just popping in here to let you and anyone following this thread that I've replied to you here.

I hope that you can get back in touch with me there soon Smiley Happy

Take care.

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos