Menu
MA1
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

TiVo deleting shows

Does anybody know why my TiVo box would take it upon itself to delete recordings.

Twice now in the space of 3 months it has been 80% full when I've gone to bed, and 40% full when I've woken in the morning, losing entire series I've saved and series I've partially watched. As far as I can tell there would be no reason for this as it would not have filled up 20% over night. And even if it did, it wouldn't just delete 60% of what it was storing, would it?

0 Kudos
thanks4nothing
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: TiVo deleting shows

MA1 wrote:

Does anybody know why my TiVo box would take it upon itself to delete recordings.

Twice now in the space of 3 months it has been 80% full when I've gone to bed, and 40% full when I've woken in the morning, losing entire series I've saved and series I've partially watched. As far as I can tell there would be no reason for this as it would not have filled up 20% over night. And even if it did, it wouldn't just delete 60% of what it was storing, would it?

Yes, they do that! There are literally over a hundred THREADS (in this forum alone) on this subject, going back several years. It is a fault in the firmware. Virgin Media never provide any meaning response, as with other major faults and if you phone it in, they will likely deny all knowledge, in my experience. There are lots of theories as to why it happens but ultimately it is a long-standing fault that Virgin Media have not fixed. Nothing to be done, I'm afraid, if you choose to stick with Virgin Media.

Literally every other day or so, some other poor mug reports the same thing having happened. Feel sorry for you!

This user has left the community.
0 Kudos