Menu
Fp082136
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

TiVo deleting recordings when over 75% full. Is there a known fix? Customer service of no help.

This happened now thee times in last three months. I can see other threads on same subject but can't see any resolution offered. Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
ilike2burnthing
Rising star
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: TiVo deleting recordings when over 75% full. Is there a known fix? Customer service of no help.

Tried emptying the recently deleted folder (or whatever it's called)? You could also try changing the series link settings to keep until you delete.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: TiVo deleting recordings when over 75% full. Is there a known fix? Customer service of no help.

Hi Fp082136,

Welcome to the community and thanks for posting. I'm very sorry to hear your recordings are being deleted when it's only 75% full. I appreciate this is frustrating as you clearly have a lot of things you want to watch on there.

Have you tried ilike2burnthing's suggestion? What was the outcome of this?

Please let me know if you need further assistance.

Thanks

Rich
Forum Team
0 Kudos
thanks4nothing
Fibre optic
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Rich_B wrote:

Hi Fp082136,

Welcome to the community and thanks for posting. I'm very sorry to hear your recordings are being deleted when it's only 75% full. I appreciate this is frustrating as you clearly have a lot of things you want to watch on there.

Have you tried ilike2burnthing's suggestion? What was the outcome of this?

Please let me know if you need further assistance.

Thanks

Have VM tried communicating this fault with Tivo to get this resolved? What was the outcome of this?

Please let us all know as some of us have been waiting several years for further assistance.

Thanks.

This user has left the community.
0 Kudos
Fp082136
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi rich_b

Thanks for replying.  I have followed suggestion,  but as the fault is intermittent I can't tell if it has been successful. A couple of points I would make are 

- this shouldn't really happen at all, should it? Customers shouldn't have to proactively 'keep until I delete'' or delete the contents of folders

- I have a technician booked to come on Monday - am pretty sure he or she won't be able to effect a fix, but have been advised that I will be charged a call out fee if no fault is found. So, product not working,  well documented problem, but customer services aren't aware of this problem and will charge me for requesting someone to investigate and won't offer replacement product. Not really on, is it?

Can vm not at least adjust their policy to offer a replacement tivo box in these circumstances? 

Regards 

0 Kudos
Flip1
Tuning in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

This has just happened to me for the second time.

I received no helpful advice last time so I'm not holding my breath for a solution this time.

Next time it will be a call to Sky.

0 Kudos