Menu
Cupcake15
Just joined
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

TiVo deleted my recordings and recently deleted

Checked today and my TiVo box has deleted lots of my recordings. Whole series of Vampire Diaries and Marvel Agents of Shield have all disappeared. Recently deleted has also emptied everything for good. I am livid! Not impressed with TiVo now.

Hathers
Tuning in
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: TiVo deleted my recordings and recently deleted

Hi. Have a read of my Tivo post yesterday - "why didn't Virgin tell us". I had same problem and am still furious. My content is suddenly self-destructing after 21 days unless I manually change the "keep until" option for each show. Previously I had kept shows for years without problems. Believe me I feel your pain and have lost confidence in Virgin.
Tags (3)
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Cupcake15,

Thank you for coming in for the first time, welcome to the Community Smiley Happy

I'm very sorry to read that the shows are no longer in the recordings. 

I'd like to ask what percentage of the hard drive was being used last and has the percentage of the hard drive dropped back to 0%?

Keep in touch.

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
gooding5
Fibre optic
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Fine-tuning recordings on your TiVo box

http://help.virginmedia.com/system/selfservice.controller?CMD=VIEW_ARTICLE&ARTICLE_ID=2467&CURRENT_C...

Keep until
Decide how long you’d like to keep each episode. The default setting is Space Needed. To keep it until you choose to delete it, choose Until I Delete

Found this info 

Smiley Happy

I work in the VM Swansea Faults Center .All comments are my own.
I do NOT speak for VM.
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Bee1000
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Just experienced this exact same issue myself.  Box at 88/89% full - watched a one hour programme (deleting it at the end) - box then stated 55% full.

Seems to have wiped everything earlier than December last year and as with everyone else there's nothing in the 'Recently Deleted' folder.

I've got to 90% full before and managed it down successfully without losing anything so what is the box playing at this time?  Even if it did decide more space was required there's just no need for it to delete so much - and even less of a need to make it all unrecoverable.

I've searched the forum and read the other threads and suggestions and all I can add is I totally agree that there needs to be a warning displayed that the box is about to autodelete and give users an opportunity to do some housekeeping.  If any programmes are autodeleted they should be listed as recoverable (as far as possible anyway) in the Recently Deleted folder.

I can live without repeated stuff but I have lost a couple of things I did want to keep for a while and I'm bl**dy annoyed about it.

Hathers
Tuning in
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Let me guess, you have a Cisco 500gb Tivo?  This is happening to so many of us, I can't believe that Virgin aren't tackling the problem.  Until they do, you need to manually change the default for each recording to "Keep Until I delete".  I feel your pain...

0 Kudos
iainharrison
Tuning in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

This just happened to me, i had recorded the 2nd season of The Flash and hadn't found the time to watch them until this week, i sit down earlier to watch the remaining episodes and they were nowhere to be seen, i want them back, I want to know what happens in the show.

So much like others have said in this on going post i feel people's pain on not being able to watch the shows we have stored up to watch at a later date.

Why aren't we able to undelete them as we would a show we accidentally erase ourselves.

I'll go change the settings on my Tivo to stop it from happening again.

Rant over.

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Iainharrison Smiley Happy

Thank you for your message, i hope you have been keeping well.

I would like to know if you've been able to check the deleted folder for the missing shows? Have a look here to see if this helps you.

Also the recordings you have set, in your settings, are they set to record until you delete them?

Stay in touch.

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos