Menu
DrQuinn
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

TiVo default channel??

Hi

whenever I turn my TV on its on the Cartoon Network which I never watch, is there a default setting somewhere that I can change?? It's quite annoying....

TIA

0 Kudos
Parrotperson
Super solver
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: TiVo default channel??

There's no default channel. Did your kids put it on the cartoon channel? TiVo has three tuners. One f them must be on that channel for it to 'wake up' to it

try pressing the info button. Scroll down to the R (in a circle) and it'll say what the tuners are on. You can change them from there

0 Kudos
DrQuinn
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for replying. Nothing to do with the kids. If I'm watching BBC at night then turn the TV back on in the morning it'll be Cartoon Network! Tried info button but R just gave me the option to record what was on??
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi DrQuinn,

Welcome to the Community Forum and thanks for your post.

This happens on my TiVo at home as well, but it's because of recordings in the early hours--which usually are my son's cartoons like Skatoony or The Amazing World of Gumball.

If all three tuners are in use on the TiVo, the channel on the box will revert to the same channel of the last recording.

I've run a quick diagnostic check to your TiVo to make sure everything is alright with the box and it's all fine and I can report that there are no problems showing with the box.

Keep me posted if this keeps happening and it's not due to Series Links or individual recordings changing the channel.

Kind regards,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos