Menu
Peter999
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

TiVo connection to router

Hi. I'm new to virgin. When my TiVo boxes arrive do they connect wirelessly to the router then by hdmi from the TiVo box to the tv?

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: TiVo connection to router

For normal operation, TiVo does not need any connection to your home network. All normal services are delivered through the co-ax connection which is its connection to the cable network.

Should you have multiple TiVos and want to connect them together for the purpose of multi room streaming, MRS (watching recordings from one TiVo on the TV connected to another TiVo), each TiVo does have to be connected to your hub via either direct Ethernet cable or powerline adapters. As delivered, TiVo has no wifi capability, although you can add additional hardware, at a cost, to allow wifi capability.

0 Kudos
darp63
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Yes, all 3 will have their own feed supplied from a splitter.
0 Kudos

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

For normal operation, TiVo does not need any connection to your home network. All normal services are delivered through the co-ax connection which is its connection to the cable network.

Should you have multiple TiVos and want to connect them together for the purpose of multi room streaming, MRS (watching recordings from one TiVo on the TV connected to another TiVo), each TiVo does have to be connected to your hub via either direct Ethernet cable or powerline adapters. As delivered, TiVo has no wifi capability, although you can add additional hardware, at a cost, to allow wifi capability.

0 Kudos
Peter999
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thank you. So if the connection is by co-ax to the TiVo, and I have 2 tivo boxes to be used independently, will they both need their own co-ax cable feed? Also will the router also have a co-ax feed? Regards. 

0 Kudos
darp63
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Yes, all 3 will have their own feed supplied from a splitter.
0 Kudos
Mac630
Just joined
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Virgin have told me my  old V+ box will stop working on 31st May, and I need to have a second TiVo....who pays for the splitter... as my router is in another room..?

0 Kudos
frank_gm
Community elder
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Mac630 wrote:

Virgin have told me my  old V+ box will stop working on 31st May, and I need to have a second TiVo....who pays for the splitter... as my router is in another room..?

Slightly confused by the question. Are you having the V+ replaced by a Tivo, i.e. a box swap as the V+ is becoming redundant?

I had a box swap, VM sent out a Tivo and I took out the V+ and simply replaced it with the Tivo, just connected the Tivo to the coax previously used by the V+.

Nice to be able to post again, after their mistake (removed by the Censorship team).
¡No Pasarán!
0 Kudos