Menu
delta
Dialled in
Message 1 of 22
Flag for a moderator

TiVo channel order

Just had the tv installed, I can't figure out how to reorder the extremely daft channel list (example:  bbc 1 HD is 8th on the list? it should be first)

I tried via the main list and by using favourites but do not seem to be able to find a way to reorder the channels into a sensible/logical order.

My freeview and freesat boxes can do this fine. Please don't tell me tivo cant?!

0 Kudos
dave2660
Superfast
Message 2 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Re: TiVo channel order

You can't reorder the channels on Virgin Media.

0 Kudos
ozsat
Trouble shooter
Message 3 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Pay platforms have never allowed reordering of EPG slots  -  I don't know if they have just decided this or if they are told you can't.

Sky also does NOT offer this.

==================================
V6 TiVo (with MRS)
VIVID 350 Optical Fibre (350/20mb) in Area 31
SkyQ Silver Bundle (UHD)
0 Kudos
delta
Dialled in
Message 4 of 22
Flag for a moderator

what on earth? so i have to scroll through many pages just to get to bbc2 hd? the channel that should be 2nd on the list?

this is ridiculous, i can reorder sky free sat with ease and freeview so why can't i reorder these channels too? it is so unintuitive to not have the hd bbc1 - bbc2 - itv - channel 4 - channel 5 as the first 5 channels at the VERY least

0 Kudos
delta
Dialled in
Message 5 of 22
Flag for a moderator

I assume the fact the guide wont remember I want to see my favourite list and not all channels is another "feature"

I am in shock that cable TV features are so much further behind freeview and freesat.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 22
Flag for a moderator

delta wrote:

I assume the fact the guide wont remember I want to see my favourite list and not all channels is another "feature"

I am in shock that cable TV features are so much further behind freeview and freesat.

it is indeed a "feature" as distributors pay for channel slots they don't want you to be unable to see them

0 Kudos
delta
Dialled in
Message 7 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Customer comes first then, oh wait! Listing channels I can not even view is just pointless and makes navigating the guide even worse.

So far I have been thoroughly unimpressed with TiVo

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 8 of 22
Flag for a moderator

1) Channel owners are also customers.

2) BBC1 HD has no regional varients, so the BBC insists that the SD channel occupies 101. ITV HD only has 8 regions in HD. The other 30 odd are in SD only, so they insist on the SD channel appearing on 103. CH4 & 5 carry regional targetted advertising in SD only. Also some channel numbers are "prescribed" by the TV regulator OFCOM, & cannot be changed.

3) The EPG is Virgin's shop window, & why shouldn't it be. Why would they hide away things they want you to buy? They want you to see what you are missing on the higher packs. Sky, BT etc also do this, its common practice.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

delta
Dialled in
Message 9 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for that, I do not agree with your justifications Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 10 of 22
Flag for a moderator